PDA

View Full Version : new quad preddy or ltr450

z rider2
07-07-2006, 04:45 PM
i just sold my 2004 z400, and need to decide what quad i want next. how does the power of a pred compare to a piped z400? suspension wise how does it compare? the other quad that i want is an ltr, but since i dont race i dont know if it would be right for me. i ride mostly trails, desert, and dunes. any info you can give would be awesome, thanks

calds650
07-07-2006, 05:52 PM
The Outlaw would be better for all day rides in the desert and dunes I am going to sell my Predator.

wolffie
07-07-2006, 08:34 PM
stock for stock, the Pred will outperform the LZ in almost every regards. but honestly dude, if you are buyin new test ride a bunch of machines to see what you like.

for your terrain look into a Yamaha 700Raptor. all the 450's are set up for primarily racing, but they can be easily made for trails (taller bars, stabilizer, woods tires, seat with some extra foam)

the pred is a great machine but for the price of new machinery, it is damn near impossible to beat the overall performance and quality of the 450's and the 700r. check em out!

smokinwrench
07-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by z rider2
i just sold my 2004 z400, and need to decide what quad i want next. how does the power of a pred compare to a piped z400? suspension wise how does it compare? the other quad that i want is an ltr, but since i dont race i dont know if it would be right for me. i ride mostly trails, desert, and dunes. any info you can give would be awesome, thanks

I just rode against a couple z400's last week in a 60 mile harescramble. They were both piped. They are not even in the same league as far as power or speed. From what little I have ridden a Z400 I think the pred suspension is much better.

I have many hours on a yfz and 450r, if the LTR sets anything like them it will beat you to death in a long day of trail riding. I like the Predator because of the plush suspension.

I also have a coupel hours on a 700R. They have more power stock then you will ever need. They are also faster and quicker then the predator. Problem with the 700R is the suspension is crap compared to the predator. In turn when runnign high speed on sandy river bottoms he can't keep up because of the suspension. My uncle that has the 700 wished he had my shocks or put the raptor motor in the predator chasis.

z rider2
07-08-2006, 11:18 AM
i'd really like to see the 07 preds with either the KTM 450 or 525, that would definately put the pred at the top of my list, like you guys said the suspension on my z really isnt that good, my skills have kind of outgrown my bike, thanks for the help.

QuadOwner
07-12-2006, 12:59 PM
one of the quads i own is a stock predator and i have ridden a stock ltr. the predator would win the drag in my opinion, but it feels like the ltr would handle better (only rode it on a dirt road and pavement) they are a bit weak stock, but i heard they open up nice