PDA

View Full Version : First time Jetting!

Dienamo111
08-17-2002, 09:19 AM
I am getting ready to jet with the k&n power kit. My question is I have never really even thought of jetting so I dont know how to do anything. The power kit comes with instructions on how to insert the jets and everything else right???

I hope this can be done by me who has never even had the carb apart before. I have only owned the bike 400ex for only 6 months or so.:huh

Dune Surfer
08-19-2002, 07:23 PM
Look on this site for Jetting. there is great step by step instructions if you look. K&N instructions are vauge.

timewass
08-20-2002, 11:19 AM
There is a pretty good explination of jetting on this site under the EX Tech section. Check it out HERE (http://www.exriders.com/jetting/jetting.shtml)

Dune Surfer
08-20-2002, 04:45 PM
search this site for a post called How to install a K&N power kit. It gives detailed instructions on the whole procedure. bolt by bolt. Anybody could follow these instructions. Good luck!!. Also if you go wiyh K&N's recomendations it will most likly be too rich. I think a good rule of thumb is to go up one size for each mod. (pipe one size. pipe and K&N filter two sizes and so on)