PDA

View Full Version : clutch cable?

jal232
07-07-2006, 07:25 AM
Just got my Magnum EZ pull lever and perch from C and D. I have a YFZ450. Put the new one on..Cant seem to get cable to be tight...I put it on the lever and its loose..To EZ to pull...So do i need to get a shorter clutch cable or what..I tried all adjustments...Cant seem to get tight...Any ideas??

Colby@C&DRacing
07-07-2006, 08:10 AM
If you have the cable adjusted all the way out and it still has to much free play the cable is stretched and needs replaced.

jal232
07-07-2006, 08:29 AM
cant be stretched...its brand new, ive rode the quad maybe 5 hours total...all i did was loosen all the way up to remove stock...pulled the little eye at the end of the cable from teh stock perch..isntalled new...put the new eye at the end of cable into lever...tightned down...the end of the tubing has a chrome peice on cable..that wont even go into perch..its like the cable is too long....

Colby@C&DRacing
07-07-2006, 08:44 AM
You need to adjust the free length on the cable. About 8'' down on the cable under a rubber sleeve there is an adjustment nut loosen the jam nut and adjust out the slack in the cable.

jal232
07-07-2006, 09:59 AM
so its under the hood then..or by the engine....thanks colby...ill tyr this tonight...once i get out of the office