PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon 90/125

H440exconfused
07-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Are the 125's here yet and does anyone know where the restricters are on the typoon 90??

Livin4Real
07-06-2006, 09:01 PM
not til late july or august

ROBBSRACING
07-10-2006, 07:35 AM
If you want to give me a call I can give you the run down on removing all the restrictions on the Typhoon 90.

603-231-1692 Robb

ACME ROCKET CO.
07-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Adjust the valves,remove the clutch and install 1 shift pin, put in a high volume pump while your there, change pilot to a 17.5, up main to a 105, black restrictor in front of the carb, change out the cdi box. Adjust the rear brake actuator and adjust chain. Put in fresh oil

But give Rob a call cause it ain't as easy as all that!

ACME ROCKET CO.
07-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by H440exconfused
Are the 125's here yet and does anyone know where the restricters are on the typoon 90??
August 15, is the new arrival date for 125's. See the other post for restrictor location.

H440exconfused
07-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by ACME ROCKET CO.
Adjust the valves,remove the clutch and install 1 shift pin, put in a high volume pump while your there, change pilot to a 17.5, up main to a 105, black restrictor in front of the carb, change out the cdi box. Adjust the rear brake actuator and adjust chain. Put in fresh oil

But give Rob a call cause it ain't as easy as all that!

The shift pin is that for the 4th gear kit, and what pump and where do I get it from???

ACME ROCKET CO.
07-17-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by H440exconfused
The shift pin is that for the 4th gear kit, and what pump and where do I get it from???

Yes the shift pin is for the 4 th gear. The oil pump can be replaced for more volume. Since I was there I changed it out anyway. I should have more pumps in stock soon.

Spider 171
07-17-2006, 09:41 PM
The 125's have an oil cooler, will they need the oil pump mod. and have you heard of a rev mod for those yet?

What about those ajustable inner rotors?

Is it just a look or is the front end setting lower than the rear?

I guess we wil cut the fronts so it won't be so goofy looking.

How much for the Fox Shocks, and are the other minis 12" shocks going to work, like the Black Widows?

Rey Deleon
07-17-2006, 10:50 PM
the rev box on the typhoons will be the same as the XR50's BBR has some incredible parts as well as many of the "Fiddy" shops such as ours. as far as tuning the engine for a person not wanting to take it into a shop (doing all this at home is much better). I reccomended some of my parts customers to look at other publications like Minimoto Magazine or do a google search of XR50 mod forums.

Rey

motoxgirl419
07-22-2006, 08:37 PM
I just hope that the 125's arrival date doesnt get pushed back. I would love for my daughter to get to learn to ride it this year and race it next summer.

Spider 171
07-24-2006, 08:08 PM
We have been waitin for months now and I hope they come sooner than expected.:rolleyes:
But they say they are in route or floating our way, so weather permitting they will be on time. Hopefully they are everything they say for the 125 and I think they will.
Have faith.

Livin4Real
07-24-2006, 09:06 PM
I hope your not expecting something scary fast out of the crate, they are going to need a lot of work to make them truly race ready.

Pappy
07-24-2006, 09:39 PM
The 90 I watched run this weekend was a complete roach. What the hell are you people trying to push on us...another mini that is supposedly race ready yet needs major work to be competitive.

Atleast be honest and dont hype it.

bracey
07-25-2006, 01:44 AM
i cant beleive that people are put it down before it even is out all quad are limited by the govering bodies they are only let to go so fast every quad other then the cobra needs help but their is a lot of room to spend for the improvements from 2500.00 to 7995.00 and i own all three and am waiting for my 125 extreme i have a exc 70 cobra and i polaris 90 and a icracing 125 trx so i have gave them all a fair test and still have all three soon to be all four i just think that people should let other people make their own minds up and i dont think that any of them are [complete roaches] but that just my opinon we have been running the nats.for 2 years now and this year some of the espn races and have been beat by all of the above and have beat all of the above and as for the last post i have never seen you at any of them races so why dont you give it a chance you cant tell me that your honda trx 90 out of the box which cost the same as the extremes was or will be any better then the extremes will be only time will tell all i got to say is that they have a lot of great people given them a chance

Livin4Real
07-25-2006, 02:25 AM
I'm not saying it won't be a good quad but it's going to take alot of work to bring it up to race specs just like our current ones.

Pappy
07-25-2006, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by bracey
i cant beleive that people are put it down before it even is out all quad are limited by the govering bodies they are only let to go so fast every quad other then the cobra needs help but their is a lot of room to spend for the improvements from 2500.00 to 7995.00 and i own all three and am waiting for my 125 extreme i have a exc 70 cobra and i polaris 90 and a icracing 125 trx so i have gave them all a fair test and still have all three soon to be all four i just think that people should let other people make their own minds up and i dont think that any of them are [complete roaches] but that just my opinon we have been running the nats.for 2 years now and this year some of the espn races and have been beat by all of the above and have beat all of the above and as for the last post i have never seen you at any of them races so why dont you give it a chance you cant tell me that your honda trx 90 out of the box which cost the same as the extremes was or will be any better then the extremes will be only time will tell all i got to say is that they have a lot of great people given them a chance

The trx90 wasnt promoted as a race quad now was it? If people plop down the cash for a quad they should know exactly what they are getting and what will be needed to make it competitive. All I see is people that do KNOW the problems with this quad and they refuse to lay it out for everyone. 99% of these sales will NOT be for racing and those people are going to be disappointed. And I have also had enough first hand expierence with thextreme engine in both our own quad and with wrenching on their pitbikes(not even going to bring up the frame issues their pitbikes have)

I am VERY critical on mini atvs....even the highly touted Cobra. You want to get behind a quad, then get behind it....but dont run us over with BS and a buttered sales pitch. And just because we dont waste our cash on the nationals does not prohibit us from knowing what works or what doesnt. I have seen alot of the kids race the nationals and frankly....we were not impressed.

Pappy
07-25-2006, 06:39 AM
And I was all ears listening to the sales pitch given me by the xtreme dealer. I acted like I had no idea about mini quads and boy was it hyped! This is what the average person can expect.

And with 20 years in this sport, I have a bit of an idea what will work and not. You do not have to have a company dedicated to building over priced mini's to know when to pass on a product;)

The 125 will have added punch over the 90 ofcourse, but not so much more over any mildly built 125cc Honda or mildly built 2 stroke. The manual clutch will not hold up to the stock engine, a built one will surely send it to an early grave on the repair bench.

Pappy
07-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Spider 171
I guess that is your opinion, thanks, but I have beaten on alot of pitbikes, they all have problems just as Kasea, Honda, and Cobra's. Not sayin it won't have any weak spots, but it hasn't had a chance to show them or shine either. Everything needs mods. and if you think it doesn't you are crazy. I will wait and see, optimism, I will give it a chance. I think with some mods. It will hunt down the mod. Honda's, and probably half the price? But that is my opinion not hype from any sales pitch.

Its not my opinion, it is fact. I have 3 Xtreme engines destroyed testing these and I do speak from expeirence. I fix 2 or 3 xtreme pitbike frames a week, and have refused to repair any more of their engines. If Xtreme has changed the design (I sure couldnt see it) then thats great, but I have asked before and not one of the "experts" have replied as to what changes were made. I would suspect none.

I have also stated I had high optimism when this project came to light. I have also stated I would like nothing more then for a compaany to manufacture and market a mini that could be used as a platform for a true racing mini, unfortunatley what we are given in this case is a hybrid based on a pitbike chassis.