PDA

View Full Version : 70cc Typhoon in 50cc class

mamaknothead
07-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Got a question ? Is the 70cc Typhoon going to be able to race in the 50cc classes since it is a 4 stroke ? This Typhoon 70cc 4 stroke should be equal to a 50cc 2 stroke just like the 90cc 2 stroke is to the 125cc 4 stroke . Has anyone heard anything on this ? Where is the ATVA going to place this quad ? In my opinion it shouldn't be placed in the 70 production class as it won't compete with the 70cc 2 stroke . What do you think ?

Logan #34's Dad
07-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Hey Mama, I sure hope they hurry up and make the changes! I'm guessin they won't change anything until about one week before next season! I've saw the 90 in action around the dealerships yard and it would not stand a chance in the 70 class. I'm not sure of the formula used the figure cc amounts but I was told about a 107cc would be right for the 70cc class. And yes there is a kit available already! I just wish Xtreme would put in the CVT motor from their other quad into this Typhoon. I would own one now. Wish in one hand/S**T in the other! If the ATVA does not make changes there will be no "race" use for these smaller quads and that would be a shame!

mamaknothead
07-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Yes that would be a shame these quads look very cool and I think with the price they are going to ask for them it would encourage more parents to let there kids get into quad racing which would help our sport grow even more . I feel in the next couple of years there will be lots more manufactures come out with racing mini quads and we need to make sure all of them have a competitive class they can race in . If this quad holds together it will be a great start as it is much cheaper than the Cobra and can probably be made to compete . Hope they put these quads in the right classes fo the cc limits