PDA

View Full Version : Maybrook

TRAILBLAZENGUY
07-06-2006, 02:37 PM
HEY YALL

THEY ARE TRYING TO CLOSE MAYBROOK ON US NEW YORKERS. THAT SUCKS !

TRAILBLAZENGUY
07-07-2006, 04:42 PM
WE CANT LET THEM CLOSE MAYBROOK LETS ALL MAKE A STAND

tom400ex
07-10-2006, 11:05 AM
I hear they are having a meeting about it this week. does anybody have more info on where and when?

TRAILBLAZENGUY
07-10-2006, 04:13 PM
IN MONTGOMERY 730 THURSDAY NIGHT TOWN HALL ON BRACKEN RD

tom400ex
07-14-2006, 07:22 AM
what happened at the meeting??? I couldn't make it there

mike nash
07-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Whats the story, closed or not?

TRAILBLAZENGUY
07-17-2006, 05:53 AM
NOT YET

ohsobad_chevy
07-17-2006, 09:02 AM
KEEP FIGHTING THEM MOTHER FUCCKERS!!!! DONT LET EM WIN, JUST HEARING SHIIT LIKE THIS PISSES ME OFF!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

jtquad
07-20-2006, 08:21 PM
TBG nice to see you over here on these forums as well. Tyler is also floating around here somewhere - JT

TRAILBLAZENGUY
07-22-2006, 04:38 PM
WHAT UP JT HOWS IT GOING?

mike nash
07-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by mike nash
Whats the story, closed or not?

Gastro
09-18-2006, 10:38 PM
i was in maybrook on sunday the 17th and the cops were outside they didnt bother us when we were riding but when we left they stopped every trailer that left those woods and were like look we got bad news within a week or so this place is closed down to the motorized vehicles because its been bought over there building a nursing home on it or something like that so me being me iwas like watcha gonna do if we come back there like town law 500 fine and they take the bike i was like wow u really kno how to ruin peoples hobbies. the guy was like its not up to me blah blah then i gave anotehr remark saying that u cops are worse then staten island cops they got a ticket for excessive tint LOL maybrook is a great place to go riding always finding something new sucks that there closing it down im about to start going to lakewood and just boogie on the cops again like the good old days

440ex342
09-20-2006, 05:01 AM
I don't totally believe this story first off a friend of mine does work for the guy who owns the property and has given us permission to ride there and he is a jewish man and has said nothing about building there. And second why would you feel that you have to talk s**t to the cop what is it going to do for you. Being a smart *** is not going to get you anywhere. And now it will just make it harder on the rest of us. If you feel that you need to disrepect the Police maybe you should stay down in staten island because we don't need people like you up here.

4TraxRider
09-20-2006, 02:22 PM
I agree with the other guys. Talkin back to the cop does nothing but want them to bother us. Mostly the cops up here ride also and don't like to give us trouble. TBG, next time you head over there to ride let me know, i'd like to see that place, hear alot of things about it.

mike nash
09-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Well the fact that people come and ride with no helmets and are drinking is a huge problem.

440ex342
09-21-2006, 07:27 PM
I have been riding there for a few years now and yes i have seen a few dumb asses with no helmets but i have never seen any one drinking yes i know you can go to the bar right there but it isn't right out on the trailes for everyone to see.

onabudget
09-24-2006, 11:04 AM
I went to Maybrook this morning 9/24, before driving over to the bar to park we thought we would check out the 'old' parking area and see what was up. Before we even got to the tracks, we were flagged down by a Maybrook PD Sergeant.

First he asked where we were from?? Odd but I'll get to that later.

Then he advised us that the property we had been riding on all this time was owned by the MTA. The MTA has sold the property to a developer. The developer has 'POSTED' the land. The local PD will be enforcing the no trespassing on this property. (BTW, there were 4 cops in the back by the crossover on the tracks) and one on 202, thats probably 3/4's of the department).

He further advised me that the Town of Maybrook enacted a law 2 weeks ago banning ATV use, and that If caught you could face impound of the ATV's and tow vehicles with fines over $1000.

He even further advised me that if we even cross the tracks we will be arrested for the VTL violation of crossing and will get fined in excess of $1000.

He then told me that, "This is not the country, this is a NYC suburb"

He then told me that the guy that owns the place were you pay to ride north of Maybrook was arrested for an unknown crime and no-one was riding there either.

Maybrook PD will continue to turn people away for the next 2 weeks, they will also warn riders ONCE, if they are caught riding in the next 2 weeks. After the first warning or after their own 2 week 'grace' period they will enforce the new Maybrook Laws, and enforce the no trespassing on the property.

1. Oddly enough, why would the first question be "where are you from?".
2. Why would the PD spend so much on manpower to enforce a posted no trespassing on PRIVATE property.
3. We did see 2 riders on quads talking with the cops, don't know if they were being warned and told to leave (like us) or if they were local and were allowed to ride, see item #1.

Especially after reading the stuff on line about Maybrook in the last 2 months and the newspaper article, I get the impression that its more about the 'out of towners' than any Nuisance created. I'm sure the bar, subway, and the gas station will feel the impact of this.

BTW, it might have been Montgomery PD, my memory stinks.

440ex342
09-24-2006, 06:54 PM
From what I have heard from a friend of mine that a Hasidic Jew has bought the property. My friend who is a welder does a lot of work for him and has permission to ride there blah blah blah. But what my understanding of the law is that you can not ride on public park land or with in any proximity that annoys someone. But none of this really matters anymore I guess. This Sucks that leaves no place to ride in orange county that I know of and I grew up here.

onabudget
09-24-2006, 07:18 PM
The company that bought the property is called Quest, they will subdivide and build houses. This happened over the last 2 weeks.

jtquad
09-25-2006, 07:15 AM
Yes, Quest has bought the property, this is correct - JT

jtquad
09-25-2006, 07:15 AM
Yes, Quest has bought the property, this is correct - JT

flattrack440ex
09-27-2006, 01:37 PM
there goes another great spot......... guess all that is left is my driveway and yard..:mad:

jonnyd350
10-04-2006, 06:46 PM
i was there tonight and i didnt see any signs of cops, there were a few guys hanging behind the bar. i drove my truck right over the tracks and into the clearing.

01-04-2007, 04:21 AM
Old post, but I wish I saw this a while ago. A couple months ago my friend and I went up there to ride. Once we pulled in the parking lot the owner or w.e of the bar came out and told us we cant ride. And next thing you know there was a cop following us in the parking lot. But we got out before he could say anything

prnstr4life
01-07-2007, 06:04 AM
I was there last week and ddint come across anyone. Usually when we run into the police its someone we went to School with so they just tell us to leave. It does come down to the out of towners ruining it. I have always been a lcoal and used to ride my bicycle back there when i was a kid and never had any problems when i got into atv's.

syckNtwisted121
01-10-2007, 11:23 AM
So is everyone still getting booted out of Maybrook ? Any local to the middletown area guys have any good MX practice spots ? I need somewhere I can pound laps out 2-3 days a week. IM me if you can help me out, thanks

prnstr4life
01-10-2007, 07:31 PM
you can go to the tetz sand pits...some good riding in a small area.

CD400EX
01-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Never heard of that. Where is it?

prnstr4life
01-10-2007, 09:09 PM
hard to explain....near route 17 but i ride there from my house. i usually take trails there and roads back. google "tetz concrete"and see what you get.

syckNtwisted121
01-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Yes, Tetz, I have been going there all summer. I have probably logged 1000 laps in that place. Its rocky, extremely rough, but ideal for MX practice. I love that place. I ride a yellow LTR #121, you may have seen me there sometime over the summer, I was there sometimes 3-4 days a week.

I was there last week, I parked over by the water treatment place. When I got inside where I normally ride there were 4 pick up trucks, surveyors, 2 guys walking around talking and pointing at sh*t, so I left. Not sure whats going on but Tetz Might finally be done.

CD400EX
01-11-2007, 08:20 AM
I found it, looks like a great spot. Me and a friend are looking to ride Sunday. Where is a good place to park?

BYTOR
01-11-2007, 09:49 AM
OK Guy's here's the scoop NO MAYBROOK is without a doubt closed I spoke to EPA officer and they started last leek impounding quads some one bought the land and dont want us on it so if you want to ride TAKE YOU CHANCES ! IT"S A ROLL OF THE DICE

prnstr4life
01-11-2007, 04:18 PM
I see... I havent been there in awhile. I know they are doing alot of developing near the treatment plant and over by tetz. Whenever i go there no one else is there though.

I still ride maybrook....Havent had a problem yet nor for the past 13 years I have been going back there!

syckNtwisted121
01-14-2007, 01:17 PM
I will still go back to tetz no doubt, I need that place to keep me in racing shape. I have ridden there almost weekly from march until now and havn't seen a single soul, other than other riders. I never see any other quad guys there, unless thay are just passing through though. If you see a yellow LTR with a #121 on it give a shout.

tony400ex
02-05-2007, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TRAILBLAZENGUY
WE CANT LET THEM CLOSE MAYBROOK LETS ALL MAKE A STAND [/QUOTE
maybrook is a great place to ride.. i live in monroe ny is like 25 mins for me to get there....................... other then that we have been rideing the lake ann and the black dirt tracks in washingtonville/bloominggrove.........i see most of you guys live close to me hit me up lets set up some rideing

tony400ex
02-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by CD400EX
Never heard of that. Where is it?
you get caught in tetz ur quad gets takein.... my buddy and 5 of us got our quads takein....$ 400 to get them back each

prnstr4life
02-06-2007, 09:49 PM
I have never had a problem there. but i ride trails and roads to get there from my house

jtquad
02-07-2007, 06:14 AM
Ive also ridden tetz. Parked at a friends house and rode trails there. Had no problems. Tetz in SC lets us use there quarry for our poker runs etc. They even open the gates for us. - JT