PDA

View Full Version : 04 450r ?

MAD450r
07-06-2006, 12:42 PM
I have had my R since march of 04. I have been dedicated to changing my oil on or before every 10 hours. This last time I changed my oil I put about 3 hours on my R after and I notice in my window that im just about out of oil. I checked for leaks. I looked in my shed for any spots nothing to be found. I dont notice it smoke at all but cant figure out where the oil went. Anyone else have this issue and find out what it was.

I do have almost 200 hours on it and I still have warrenty. I just got my spindle replaced on warrenty so I haven't been able to ride for 10+ weeks. I want to ride some but dont want to blow my engine either any help would be greatly appreciated. I really dont want to drop it off at the dealer yet so I need to figure this out before I do bring it in.

GPracer2500
07-06-2006, 01:40 PM
If it's not burning oil and it's not leaking oil about the only other place it can go is out the crankcase breather.

MAD450r
07-06-2006, 01:52 PM
I checked there. Another guy said I need to drain my tranny side and make sure its not mixing into that side somehow :(

GPracer2500
07-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by MAD450r
I checked there. Another guy said I need to drain my tranny side and make sure its not mixing into that side somehow :(

That's a good point. I forgot about seperated oiling system. Maybe check for oil in the coolant too (I'm just throwing out unlikely ideas)?

slvrlakerdr08
07-07-2006, 10:54 AM
did you try filling it up and riding it around some more, because i noticed when i changed my oil the first time that when i kicked it over all the oil when straight out of the site glass, maybe u just didn;t put enough in it.

MAD450r
07-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Ended up in the shop cause it spewed it all out cause I overfilled it. once you start it oil goes up on top of your valvetrain and sits there some. It takes a while for it to all drain back down.