PDA

View Full Version : Need Mechanical Help ASAP.

Logan #34's Dad
07-06-2006, 01:05 AM
I need someones help that knows more than I do! My son's DRR starts fine, Idles fine. His mini will run great until it gets warmed up or hot. He makes it about 3 laps before it will not accelarate. It will bog out and get worse as it goes. Once it makes it past that long bog the top end is great. I have tried everything I know. Tried new crank seals, different reeds, intake, carb and jets, filter, front clutching, coil, you name it I think I tried it! :mad: I have tried everyones ideas and it still does the same thing. Here are my components - Mallossi jug, head, rear pulley, front variator. 28mm OKO carb (128main, 52pilot, clip on middle position on pin) Uni filter or K&N, Koso intake w/ either dual stage or regular reeds w/ stuffer. Also tried the chrome intake w/ the two hose clamps. My CDI box is the one sold by teamsims - (Adjustable AC to DC type)
SO there it is - PLEASE HELP before I go crazy!!:grr:
Thanks, Rocky

Aussie_YFZ450
07-06-2006, 02:01 AM
wow, i have an eton that does the exact same thing and i have the same ignition that you have:huh

its like there is a fuel starvation then once the revs rise it will take off

i tried lots of different pilot jets but no change

i havent looked into anything else yet because the bike is only a project pitbike but i have my suspisions about the ignition

i am interested to see what you will do about this, please keep me informed

racerxxgncc
07-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Before I even read the second post my first thought was a electrical problem. First thing that comes to mind would be the cdi. I have seen several bikes that act like this when the cdi starts to go not on your make or model but others. I know thats not much help but thats where I would start trouble-shooting at. Good luck!

SCR PRODUCTS
07-06-2006, 10:54 PM
we had a kasea do something similar. the fix with our quad was running an extra ground strap from the coil mount to a good grounding spot on the motor.and running the ground wire from the stator to the coil mount. hope this helps.

Aussie_YFZ450
07-06-2006, 11:41 PM
thanks for the help guys, it makes sense because i dont have the extra ground wire

i remember i installed a hetrick/mallossi cdi a while back and had to do the extra ground but didn t think about this time around

when you say the ground from the stator, which wire is that because he only wire im running from the stator is the red/white wire, there is another that is black/red which is taped off. the others are for the lights i believe.

is the ground wire the black/red wire?:huh

Logan #34's Dad
07-07-2006, 01:13 AM
If it is only the ground wire I will be one pis*ed off Motha. I will try it first thing then let ya know.

SCR PRODUCTS
07-08-2006, 12:08 AM
I would say the black/red wire is your ground. You may want to remove the fly wheel and trace down the ground on the stator.

Logan #34's Dad
07-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Hello me again, Is it possible that the new piston I put in it is a 47mm and not a 47.6mm? If so could this be what is causing this issue? I have tried everything else! And it was not the ground.

QuadJunkies
07-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Aussie_YFZ450
thanks for the help guys, it makes sense because i dont have the extra ground wire

i remember i installed a hetrick/mallossi cdi a while back and had to do the extra ground but didn t think about this time around

when you say the ground from the stator, which wire is that because he only wire im running from the stator is the red/white wire, there is another that is black/red which is taped off. the others are for the lights i believe.

is the ground wire the black/red wire?:huh
Have you gutted all your wiring yet??

Your better off just gutting all the wiring or you will end up with Electrical nighmares from hell like we did

All you need is Stator,CDI and Coil.

We have never had issues with the Stator needing grounded out,but have had issues with the coil.
Logan~
Has there been any backfiring at all??

I agree with SCR-it prol a ground wire.

Logan #34's Dad
07-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Quad Junkies, There is no backfiring. I thought I found the problem - Bad gasket between engine and jug. Replaced it and still has the same problem! Also I took off the grounds, cleaned them and nothing different. I'm almost out of patience with this engine. I am going to put the old (but still good) piston back into it and see. If this don't fix it then I'm done! :mad:

mxmike17
07-12-2006, 07:16 AM
This may be a dumb ? But thought maybe to check.

When you put the new piston in did you put it in upside down?

The vents in the piston should be facing upward.

I have a friend that bought a bike used that was like that.

Aussie_YFZ450
07-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Have you gutted all your wiring yet??

Your better off just gutting all the wiring or you will end up with Electrical nighmares from hell like we did

All you need is Stator,CDI and Coil.

We have never had issues with the Stator needing grounded out,but have had issues with the coil.
Logan~
Has there been any backfiring at all??

I agree with SCR-it prol a ground wire.

yep all wiring was removed and i started from scratch, i have the red/white stator going to red/white CDI and then the rest is from the coil to CDI, the ground and the battery trigger, it suck that these CDI's need a battery to work