PDA

View Full Version : Imagining the tenth dimension

Atkins
07-06-2006, 12:17 AM
www.tenthdimension.com

It'll blow your minds. if you have any questions, im here to answer them.

Iliketogofast
07-06-2006, 06:44 AM
Uh... I don't get it.

zedicus00
07-06-2006, 08:24 AM
its simple really. back to the future, remember that movie? time travel represents moving around in the fourth dimension....

now anyone here remember sliders? that tv show where thouse peeple got trapped looking for their reality? they were traveling through the same time of different dimensions;...

still with me

mix the 2, unfortunatly i dont think this would make a good tv show... but say for some reason you wanted to jump from here to the year 2020 of a different dimension....

there u just made the 9 dimensions.

i cant describe 10 any better then they did, yur on yur own there, if you can understand how nothing can be something and something can be nothing then you should be able to figure it out though....

400exrules
07-06-2006, 10:38 AM
i cant get it to play

Atkins
07-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by zedicus00
its simple really. back to the future, remember that movie? time travel represents moving around in the fourth dimension....

now anyone here remember sliders? that tv show where thouse peeple got trapped looking for their reality? they were traveling through the same time of different dimensions;...

still with me

mix the 2, unfortunatly i dont think this would make a good tv show... but say for some reason you wanted to jump from here to the year 2020 of a different dimension....

there u just made the 9 dimensions.

i cant describe 10 any better then they did, yur on yur own there, if you can understand how nothing can be something and something can be nothing then you should be able to figure it out though....

Back to the future was more about moving between two points on a 7th dimensional plane.

And I apologize for the load issues, apparently the site made the front page of Digg.com so it's getting flooded.

o3thirdeyeo3
07-06-2006, 12:37 PM
yeah that is kinda hard to comprehend. even if these other ones do exist, i would rather not worry about dimensions that I will never experience. who came up with this crap anyway?

zedicus00
07-06-2006, 12:55 PM
u dont have to worry about it but dont call it crap iether. and one day traveling between all the dimensions may be as easy as getting in yur car and driving down the road...

and tru but they pretty much stay in one branch... ever heard the theory of how time branches towards the past and all possibilitys of an outcome have already happened meaning they merge at the present instead of splitting from the present?

you guys covered everything else from 0 to multiple infinitys but i didnt see anything about other theorys. still very cool though.

Atkins
07-06-2006, 11:32 PM
the "everyone should see this" bump.

MOFO
07-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Ahhh.... I love this stuff. I've read several books about quantum physic's and multiple dimensions. Its pure brain candy!

Chicksdigme423
07-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Atkins
www.tenthdimension.com

It'll blow your minds. if you have any questions, im here to answer them.

not to be a dick or anything, are you like a physicist or god or something... do you know all the answers or something?

Rider-trx_250ex
07-07-2006, 11:40 PM
This is very interesting. The idea that I could not grasp was the 'flip' of the dimension. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Atkins
02-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Bump for sure.

Meat
02-13-2007, 09:17 PM
I couldnt get the link to work, but I love physics.

unification of general relativity and quantum mechanics is the holy grail and string theory might be the link. To make "string theory" work... for it to unify general relativity and quantum mechanics.... there has to be 10 dimensions of time and space. We live in a world of 4 dimensions. up&down, left&right, fore&aft and time. String theory tells us there are 6 more dimensions, but these dimensions are super teeny tiny, sub-atomic particles are huge compared to these new dimensions. I could go on and on.... but I wont:D

PolarisRider06
02-13-2007, 11:56 PM
well i'm in the text version of the site... reading the sixth dimension currently... first thing that comes to mind when reading the first 6 dimmensions is Butterfly Effect