PDA

View Full Version : Z400, raptor 350, or 400ex????

BackyardRider
07-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Hey guys, I need your openions. I want to get a new quad... I love going off jumps, trail riding, and track racing. So far I have got my dad to finance up to 5 grand, and i don't think im going to be able to push him much higher. I like the z400, 400ex, and i was considering the raptor 350 because its cheaper. I am 5' 9" and 155. I have $550 cash for a down payment. Which of these bikes would be best for me? or is there a different bike you would suggest?

I have about 1.5 acres of riding space, and I was wondering if it would be a good idea for me to make a track (call in a few dump trucks worth of dirt) or if i should find a track in my area and pay each time to ride there...

Dune Surfer
07-05-2006, 10:36 PM
It depends on your age and riding experience. Of the three bikes you listed.

400ex-reliable,simple, will run for years....but, its slow, air cooled. older design. for the right price a good quad that you will outgrow

Z400. Better design, better cooling, smoother shocks, a little faster than the ex....but, cam chain streches like crazy, has been a problem on every one I know. Other than that I think better than the honda.

Raptor 350. Forget it, not nearly the quad as the oth two.

Flip a coin and get either the ex or z400. Or better yet get a 450