PDA

View Full Version : need help guys

justripit
07-05-2006, 09:41 PM
hey guys im posting this for my older bro. he has an 05 yfz and has had it for almost 4 months with no problems at all. he changes the oil and cleans the air filter as recommended. the problem is that it will start on a dime everytime and he can hit the throttle and its fine but when he tries to take off and is slowly letting off the clutch and giving gas at the same time it dies. it also dies if you just hold the throttle in one position say while in neutral just hold it at half throttle it boogs down and then dies. he and a buddy took the carb off tonight and cleaned it good he said they took off the main jet and cleaned it but not the pilot. sorry this is so long he is freaking off and wants you guys to know everything. he is running a hmf slip on with a uni filter and no airbox lid. he doesnt know the size of the jets if you guys need to know that. thanks guys!!

Dune Surfer
07-05-2006, 10:40 PM
It is a jetting problem. To really help you I need to know your elevation and temps. But here is what I would sugest at sea level
170-172 main jet
45 pilot jet
clip on third groove.
Should get you close.

justripit
07-06-2006, 04:03 PM
hey thanks for the reply so quick. he wanted to make sure that you guys knew that he didnt just rejet it. he has had his pipe and filter for about a month and a half and it just started acting up. we live in southern illinois if that helps you out with elavation. thanks guys