PDA

View Full Version : Raptor out of time

Iliketogofast
07-05-2006, 08:24 PM
My buddy dropped the timing chain of his raptor off the bottom gear. He caught it before the chain fell into the bottom end, but now it's out of time. I hate four strokes...

How do I find the time on it? I thought I had to adjust the crank to TDC, then get the cam sprocket notch to point straight up, but I don't think there is a notch on the cam sprocket. It's a Hot Cam, by the way.

quadgod440ex
07-06-2006, 09:31 AM
There should always be a notch on the cam sproket .. Hot cams dont come with a cam sproket so he should still be using the stock one im assuming . ive done a cam in a raptor before and i believe there was one on there . If he installed the cam make sure he did not put the timing sproket on backwards . That would cause you not to see the mark also.

Iliketogofast
07-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Well I hope I didn't screw it up because he's got it back together now - There is a notch on the end of the cam that pokes out of the cam sprocket and I went by that. It looked the best because it seemed to me like there were two other notches on each side that were supposed to be flush with the side of the engine, and they were.