PDA

View Full Version : camera memory cards

400exrules
07-05-2006, 07:47 PM
My sister has a kodak easy share cx7300 3.2megapixel that we are taking to gulf shores next week, but she doesnt have a memory card so it only holds like 17 pictures. I dont know much about cameras, but are the memory cards universal.....can i get one at walmart so this thing will hold more pictures?

JOEX
07-05-2006, 08:16 PM
There are different types of memory cards that are not interchangable. I have a Kodak easyshare but a slightly different model than your sister's, mine uses a SD card and I bet your sister's does too.

I have some 128MB cards, they hold about 130 pics at 3.1mp. Cards now regularly come in 512MB, 1G and 2G sizes, that's alot of pictures for a 3.1mp camera:p

Wally world should have them...

Quad18star
07-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Whatever you do , make sure the card you buy allows for quick loading time .

I bought a 512 MB card for my Canon Powershot A530 from WalMart and it blows . It's a Lexar and I paid around $30 for it . It takes a good 2 seconds or more for the picture to load up after snapping it .... really pisses me off cause I can't take more than 1 picture within a short time period .

400exrules
07-05-2006, 09:49 PM
ok thanks, ill be heading to wally world tomorrow to check them out.

ill prob get the 128mb, maybe more, but still, thats a lot of pics lol.were gonna do a dolphin cruise thing where the dolphins jump out of the water next to the boat or somethin.....deep sea fish on a party boat, etc....so im tryin to find her a memory card lol. should be fun, last time i went to the beach i was like 3.

mxdave28
07-05-2006, 10:22 PM
i bought a 1GB card for my Dit cam off ebay, factory sealed and about 40 bucks cheaper then wally world.

at full rez 4.1 pixel i can take 509 pics and at the smallest resolution which i dont even remember what that is i can take 7998 pics hahahaha so check ebay if you have time

400exrules
07-06-2006, 12:18 PM
k just got back from walmart. and i have a question. do the memory cards make the camera have a slower shutter speed, and have a longer delay when taking the pics, because they had some memory cards that were ''high speed'' cards, that are supposed to increase the picture taking speed, but they are like $20 more then the same size cards without the high speed thing

mxdave28
07-06-2006, 01:56 PM
The memory card wont "speed up" your cameras actuall ability to take pictures persay......

there are fast memory cards and then are slow ones....basicly it comes down to when you press the buttom to take the picture if you have a fast mem card lets just say hypotheticly it takes 1.5 seconds for that pitcure to be loaded/saved onto your card and the camera ready for the next shot......and then if you use a slower mem card just saying hypotheticly again it would take that same picture 3.5 seconds to load/save onto the card.
Understand what im sayin? :ermm: so in therory it doesnt actually change the performance of your camera its just how fast that pic will be saved so you can take the next pic.

Quad18star
07-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
k just got back from walmart. and i have a question. do the memory cards make the camera have a slower shutter speed, and have a longer delay when taking the pics, because they had some memory cards that were ''high speed'' cards, that are supposed to increase the picture taking speed, but they are like $20 more then the same size cards without the high speed thing

Remeber what I said in my first post ?? Now read what mxdave28 said .... that's what happened to me when I bought a cheap card . It takes a hell of a long time for the picture to load , therefore I can't take quick shots cuz I'm waiting .

Spend the extra money and get a quicker card , if not you'll be kickin' yourself in the rear .

QuadJunkies
07-07-2006, 12:01 AM
EXACTLY^^^

crday98
07-07-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by mxdave28
i bought a 1GB card for my Dit cam off ebay, factory sealed and about 40 bucks cheaper then wally world.

at full rez 4.1 pixel i can take 509 pics and at the smallest resolution which i dont even remember what that is i can take 7998 pics hahahaha so check ebay if you have time i bought a Sony 2GB card off ebay with BIN. it also came with the adapter new in factory sealed package. i got it for a few bucks cheaper than the price of a 1GB Sony at walmart. :huh
ebay is definitely the way to go when buying these.;)