PDA

View Full Version : just planning a little

450robot
07-05-2006, 05:26 PM
ok, im startting early on planning my rebuild this year so i dont end up with a finished quad saying, "man, i couldve done better" again

soooooo, frame color/hubs: im looking for a metalic turquoise, or something along the color in the picture provided

aand for the a arms and swinger im looking for a dark grey, with an over coat of a sparkle or somethig that will make it pop

all black shock springs, and silvervien engine covers/various small parts

also, what are your oppinions on piston coatings? worth it? do they improve life and durability?

Pappy
07-05-2006, 05:43 PM
I can see where the piston coatings could do everything the manufactures advertise. Ive chatted with engine builders about them, some swear by them, others claim they see no benefit from it. You can order the piston coated usually from the company selling your brand of piston.

Scro
07-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by 450robot
ok, im startting early on planning my rebuild this year so i dont end up with a finished quad saying, "man, i couldve done better" again

soooooo, frame color/hubs: im looking for a metalic turquoise, or something along the color in the picture provided

aand for the a arms and swinger im looking for a dark grey, with an over coat of a sparkle or somethig that will make it pop

all black shock springs, and silvervien engine covers/various small parts

also, what are your oppinions on piston coatings? worth it? do they improve life and durability?

Are you still keeping the orange plastic?

450robot
07-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
Are you still keeping the orange plastic?

naw, its gonna be yellow like the picture i edited above

Scro
07-05-2006, 06:03 PM
haha, that orange sure did grow old quick:p

450robot
07-05-2006, 06:50 PM
it didnt really get old, just to many people using orange now, and one of the pros in gncc has an orange 450r, with the same color purple powdercoat all over

i swear he stole my color scheme!

so yellow and turquoise is the plan so far, if i still havent sold it due to truck payments :( :( :( :( :( :(