PDA

View Full Version : shifter lever hieght with motocross boots

yfz450bk
07-05-2006, 05:00 PM
i bought new thor atv boots and i was wondering if it would be better to raise my shifter lever up one notch or keep it in the stock position..i rode it in the stock position and it wasn't bad...it only held the lever up everyonce in a while...so just let me know what you guys have found to work better...thanks

Yfz450dan
07-05-2006, 05:09 PM
ya if u rais it up one notch your foot will fit a lot better!Makes it easier(sp) to shift!but try it and see if u like it!;)

TRX250R22
07-06-2006, 10:37 AM
I just bought a new pair of Alpinestar's and I had to bring my shifter up a few clicks. Fits much better!

jshtex
07-06-2006, 07:07 PM
We run ours up a little too to clear the boots.

You guys who are doing this also, I am interested to see if you end up with a broken shift shaft or have already experienced a broken shaft.

Of the three or four bikes that I personally know of that have broken shift shafts (including ours) all had the shifters moved up a bit. Doesn't prove anything I am just trying to see if it is a pattern.

They all have broken in the exact same spot. Fortunatlly it doesn't cost much $$$ but it can definatly cost you a race. We always cary a spare now.

Splatter Matter
07-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by jshtex
We run ours up a little too to clear the boots.

You guys who are doing this also, I am interested to see if you end up with a broken shift shaft or have already experienced a broken shaft.

Of the three or four bikes that I personally know of that have broken shift shafts (including ours) all had the shifters moved up a bit. Doesn't prove anything I am just trying to see if it is a pattern.

They all have broken in the exact same spot. Fortunatlly it doesn't cost much $$$ but it can definatly cost you a race. We always cary a spare now.

yea my shift shaft broke to. i had it moved up higher now i have the new one back close to stock hight and so far so good.