PDA

View Full Version : Tranz problems

outlaw#9
07-05-2006, 01:15 PM
just wanted everyone to know ... The tranz let me down on my ltr
it seems that a gear broke and took out almost every other part in the whole lower end ! VERY BAD ..along with that ...it mared up the crankshaft ,rod and cylinder .

so that puts me without a quad for this weekend at least

:mad:

blholtz
07-05-2006, 06:36 PM
What gear blew? Sounds like you have it apart which gear was it.

outlaw#9
07-18-2006, 03:00 PM
sorry to get back to you so late ... it looks like 2nd or 3rd blew apart . took alot out with it 1700.00 IN PARTS!!! wasted almost everything! good thing its still covered in the 6month warrenty. I havent seen my baby in over two weeks :(

I will restate again , im not that hard on this bike ,there is no reason for this i just hope the next tranz i get more than 2 months out of . :confused:

Shindog
07-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Dito for mine, only 4 months old!
Buy the extended warranty if you still can:eek2: :eek2:

jon67
07-18-2006, 10:54 PM
same thing with mine. i dont know whats goin on , this is happening to like everyone. im disapointed with this tranny. o well

KWAD GAWD
07-19-2006, 08:05 AM
I can tell just by the way mine shift sometimes that it's not very solid. My buddy's went out after 4 rides... maybe because it's designed for a dirt bike, and it can't handle the added stress and weight from the quad?? They have some work to do for 2007!

dvx rider1
07-20-2006, 09:33 PM
I still can't shift into 3rd easily off the start, I've changed the oil several times and I'm running synthetic and I'm even adding an extra 100 ml on the brake side filler and it hasn't changed. Once I'm going, it never does it again, but I can't get out of the hole as fast as I'm able, which makes me look slow, especially in the stock class where there are only about 9 of us, so when you're in the back, you look stupid! I wanted to get it looked at by Chris Grissom in Paris, Tn after Loretta's, but it doesn't look like I'll have the $$:(

CdaleXtreme
07-21-2006, 08:00 AM
My Zuk Tranny shift way more solid than my Honda ever did.

Knock on wood it holds up better also.

mxquadracer
07-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by dvx rider1
I'm running synthetic

This could be a large part of your problem...synthetic oil is forbidden on these machines. Slap whoever tells you otherwise