PDA

View Full Version : This has probly been asked before, but I dont seem to find it with search

MAD450r
07-05-2006, 10:02 AM
I am now running burgard +2+1 with derisi rebuilds all the way around. I have had to replace balljoints a few times so im looking into a laeger protrax frontend. What I want to know is what rearend should I run along with that frontend. I want to run fox evol's on the front.

Should I keep the derisi rear link, or should I look into an entirely new etup?

DJJ450r
07-05-2006, 11:28 AM
I heard that the protrax front end wears out faster than balljoints. IDK for sure, it's just what I've heard

bwamos
07-05-2006, 11:41 AM
For MX the protrax would be awsome.. but for trail/XC I'd be VERY leery of running the exposed joints. The pro-trax is very expensive to rebuild.

yellowzo3
07-05-2006, 03:28 PM
yeah the protrax is great for mx but i dont think you need to go that expensive...there are plenty of shocks that wouldnt be as expensive as fox evol's and still perform great. same for the a-arms. there are others out there that are good but not as expensive. however, if you really want that setup, its expensive and would perform well. you can upgrade from what you have and still not spend as much as a protrax/fox setup

400exMO
07-05-2006, 10:53 PM
I'd contact Laeger and see what rearend they'd suggest for you. Obviously they'll promote their stuff, but call acouple places and see what they'll have to say.