PDA

View Full Version : Local BS

ncdad89
07-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Well BS does not just exist at the natl level. This past Sat night my son and I went to the "fastest 1/2 mile oval dirt track in NC" Antioch Speedway. The had a special ATV race at the end of their Sat night racing program.

They split everyone up into groups and called a meeting to let us know. They placed 200 and 300 in one group, 400s in another, and 450's and up in another. Chris raced in the latter. They told us then that the person that finished behind him would also win first place. I questioned why and was told that we were to intimidating for everyone else and they had complained.

We outfitted the 450 with lowered chasis and flat track tires around. Everyone else there was prepared for GNCC type racing. Everyone else there had the same oppurtunites but chose not to do that. I told the promoter we would put the MX set up back on and kick dirt on it but they still were worried.

End result was my son WAXED everyone. They even tries stiffing us on the starting grid. We had a good time but it made it even more fun to beat others even before the race.