PDA

View Full Version : FIREWORKS: So is everyone still alive?

Ralph
07-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Anybody have any mishaps tonight. Right now i am lucky to say all i have is 2 badly burnt toes and a burn on my knee.

Turns out that when a box full of about 8 mortar shells gets lit it turns into quite the show. Had to of been the craziest, and in the end the funniest thing of my week.

This was an accident by the way, Once we noticed the box was smoking everybody just started running and hidding behind stuff. It could have turned out alot worse, we sure got lucky.

Anybody else have any close calls??

4oorider
07-04-2006, 10:12 PM
sadly, i didnt blow off any fireworks this year:(

Ralph
07-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by 4oorider
sadly, i didnt blow off any fireworks this year:(

the best thing is when u dont expect too, but then u go to a 4th of july party and there is a crazy uncle with about 2k worth!

Pappy
07-04-2006, 10:15 PM
small amount of automatic weapons fire to keep the neighborhood in check..:o

400exrules
07-04-2006, 10:16 PM
i didnt get any fireworks.....im prob gonna go tomorrow and see if they have any mortars left for real cheap that their tryin to get rid of

Honda TRX250ex
07-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Still have left overs for friday nite:chinese:

TRX_450
07-04-2006, 10:48 PM
the show we went to had technical difficulties so i went back to my g-mas and started up my stuff....and by the end of the night half the town was piled around her house watchin my stuff...it was great and im only skinless in one area this year!:eek2:

QuadJunkies
07-04-2006, 10:54 PM
We hads a NASTY storm catch us by surprise ,but it blew threw in time for fireworks and then started up shortly afterwards...

I cant believe what you get for the money these days...rather dissapointing :ermm:

enduro400rider
07-04-2006, 10:55 PM
well we were in the path of tornados today, lucky for us none made it to us but it was pretty wet. it stop raining long enough to set some off. i learned a good leson, never attempt to shoot a mortor out of anything but the supplied tube :rolleyes: i lost mine and i found a nice peice of PVC. well it wasnt nice enough. it launch the explosive about eye high and it exploded at that hight. pretty scary when your close like i was but i was fine. we were dumb enough to try it again but this time it made it about 12 ft in the air so it wasnt as bad

Honda TRX250ex
07-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
We hads a NASTY storm catch us by surprise ,but it blew threw in time for fireworks and then started up shortly afterwards...

I cant believe what you get for the money these days...rather dissapointing :ermm:
Yeah i hear ya. I had a few roman candles and some cakes and i payed some good money for it but it wasent that great. But i got some motors which kicked ***!

4oorider
07-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by enduro400rider
well we were in the path of tornados today, lucky for us none made it to us but it was pretty wet. it stop raining long enough to set some off. i learned a good leson, never attempt to shoot a mortor out of anything but the supplied tube :rolleyes: i lost mine and i found a nice peice of PVC. well it wasnt nice enough. it launch the explosive about eye high and it exploded at that hight. pretty scary when your close like i was but i was fine. we were dumb enough to try it again but this time it made it about 12 ft in the air so it wasnt as bad

my brother did that last year, someone stepped on the tube and ge got a pvc pipe. shot off a shell, explodes about 5ft in the air. scared the crap outta him.

Punk'd
07-04-2006, 11:44 PM
It rained here..:( I was liteing some fire crackers from a tiki torch (because the wind was blowing and thats the only thing that would stay lit) And the wick was rather short so as soon as I threw them.. Id say like a foot or 2 away from my head they blew in mid-air and I was deff in my right ear for 10mins or so.. :p

nosliw
07-04-2006, 11:52 PM
3 or 4 minor burns (painful though) on my pinky fingers

it was a very incident-free 4th this year

RaptorRacer45
07-05-2006, 03:36 AM
The 4th itself was rather safe......but my group of friends had some fun w\ home made fireworks Saturday night, Well lets just say my leg has seen better days

MOFO
07-05-2006, 04:17 AM
Just a slightly well done thumb (from lighting everything). I'll have videos and photo's later today.

quads14589
07-05-2006, 06:43 AM
it was raining out to much yesturday and to foggy out so we are going to blow them off today.

trick250r
07-05-2006, 06:55 AM
pulled out the muzzleloaders and just shot off some powder. we've got some 1/2 sticks of dynamite, but those arent gonna be set off here. :eek:

2004-400ex
07-05-2006, 07:51 AM
shot off some flares then blew off some fire works
followed by 1000 1/4 sticks of dynomite:macho

Mean250r
07-05-2006, 08:13 AM
About 3 times the mortars got stuck in the tube. Im fine except i stubbed my toe on a sprinkler running lmao :rolleyes:

07-05-2006, 08:20 AM
one of our little bottle rockets w/ double report shot off terrible and it was going right at my friend who ran, and when he ran, he ran right into my quads tire (which was out there with the light to see what we were doin in the dark) and he fell and the first report was near his foot and the second one flew further up near his head...he was fine tho :p

haha it was all fun!

07-05-2006, 08:21 AM
The only thing that is wrong with me is that I about crapped myself. I was peeing and my brother lit a waterbomb off 5 feet from me. Let me give you details of the waterbomb. It was the size of your pinky, about the same width. We put it under a pan, it shot it 10 feet over a 50 foot tree. Needless to say, I cut the pee off and ran away. Other than that, my uncle set off big fireworks upside down. :D

MX MaNiAc 06
07-05-2006, 09:27 AM
We were at a friends lighting off bottle rockets n the bottle fell over. It went right over a car n blew up. Of course the car was a state cop car. The cop told his parents but they didnt really care. We kept setting them off after he left, but of course in the back yard.

QuadJunkies
07-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
Just a slightly well done thumb (from lighting everything). I'll have videos and photo's later today. Sweet!!

I TRIED to shoot pics of ours, but I FAILED MISERABLY...:rolleyes:

MOFO
07-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Sweet!!

I TRIED to shoot pics of ours, but I FAILED MISERABLY...:rolleyes:

No good photo's from me either. Damn point and shoot style camera doesnt work too good for those types of pictures. I did get some decent video with audio though... Hopefully I can get it uploaded today.

Well, this is the only good photo...

QuadJunkies
07-05-2006, 10:43 AM
That Chaos firework all the way to the right looks like the one we got last night that said something like "500 Megs of power"
Was yours good?? Mine wasnt anything like I had expected for what it cost!:eek2:

Here is one Ghetto pic I took... :rolleyes: one of the kids fountains...

hehe... ya look like you got some GOOD STUFF MOFO!:D

07-05-2006, 12:11 PM
no fireworks but we did shoot some guns

SKS, 12 gauge, AK74, 22s all that good stuf

2005-400exYA
07-05-2006, 12:15 PM
we got mortared :rolleyes:

(i'm in iraq)....41 and a wake up! haha

Iliketogofast
07-05-2006, 01:52 PM
No fireworks, but I wrecked a jetski and messed up my leg! It sucked!

theTman
07-05-2006, 02:04 PM
:o i got hit in the arm when one went haywire..and my buddy got it in the back of the head

07-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
No fireworks, but I wrecked a jetski and messed up my leg! It sucked!

i went jetskiin too :)

Iliketogofast
07-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
i went jetskiin too :)

Sweet! The Jet Ski's weren't mine, we have a speedboat and a friend of mine rented his own boat and 2 jet skis to go out on the lake with us. It was very cool, except the part where it ended and I got messed up. I thought I broke it, but it's okay today (just sore).

I was going 55 when I lost it :D That seems a lot faster on the water than it is on the land for some reason...

xtremefullbore
07-05-2006, 07:18 PM
me and my drunken freinds went around on the 4th and put smoke bombs in cars with windows down... :p .. your prolly thinkin whatta bunch of lowlifes.. no actually not, we had fun. tho..

derekhonda
07-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
No good photo's from me either. Damn point and shoot style camera doesnt work too good for those types of pictures. I did get some decent video with audio though... Hopefully I can get it uploaded today.

Well, this is the only good photo...

Holy ****** **** mofo!

Damn....

I didn't spend a dime on fireworks this year, don't have a dime to spend! My brother went and bought some cheapy ground fireworks, just the cherry bombs and M88's and stuff like that, but I put a twist on it to make it fun. Broke out the potato gun, loaded it up, light fireworks, drop in barrel, aim for the sky, and boom. Made for a decent evening....