PDA

View Full Version : Here We Go ..... North Korea Missle Launch

Quad18star
07-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Chits gunna hit the fan by the shovel full . Here's the story from www.CTV.ca

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

North Korea test-launched six missiles -- including a long-range missile believed to be capable of reaching parts of the U.S. -- American officials confirmed Tuesday.

CTV.ca News Staff

Officials believe that North Korea had been preparing a test launch of the TD-2 on its northeast coast.

North Korea test-launched six missiles -- including a long-range missile believed to be capable of reaching parts of the U.S. -- American officials confirmed Tuesday.

The long-range Taepodong-2 missile test-launched but failed after about 35 seconds, according to State Department officials.

Five other short-range missiles were fired early Wednesday morning local time, officials confirmed.

The Japanese government said the short-range missiles landed in the Sea of Japan, which lies between Japan and the Korean Peninsula.

Reports say at least one of the shorter-range missiles was a Scud -- which could target South Korea -- while others were potentially Rodongs, which a carry a range of about 997 kilometres and could be used to target Japan.

The Taepodong-2 -- said to be North Korea's most advanced missile -- has a range of about 15,000 km.

Officials believe that North Korea had been preparing a test launch of the TD-2 on its northeast coast.

"North Korea has gone ahead with the launch despite international protest," said Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary Shinzo Abe. "That is regrettable from the standpoint of Japan's security, the stability of international society, and non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction."

Han Song Ryol, deputy chief of North Korea's mission to the United Nations in New York, told The Associated Press in a telephone interview: "We diplomats do not know what the military is doing."

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John Bolton said American officials are "urgently consulting with members of the Security Council."

Abe said the first short-range missile was launched at about 3:30 a.m. local time Wednesday (2:30 p.m. ET Tuesday) and crashed into the sea several minutes later. The remaining missiles were launched over a four-hour period.

The report comes on the same day the U.S. military announced that the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD) facility at Cheyenne Mountain, Colo., has been put on heightened alert amid reports that North Korea could be set to test-fire a long-range missile.

The U.S. has long warned North Korea against firing long-range missiles.

News of North Korea's preparations to launch the Taepodong 2 sparked stern warnings from the U.S. and Japan -- both which threatened economic sanctions against the country.

Both countries also stated that a test or launch of a TD-2 missile would violate the Japan-North Korea Pyongyang Declaration -- an agreement between North Korean Leader Kim Jong Il and Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi in which North Korea agreed not to test long-range missiles.

White House reaction

The White House called North Korea's decision to test-fire missiles "a provocation" -- but said it isn't an immediate threat to the United States.

White House spokesperson Tony Snow also said U.S. President George Bush has been consulting with Defense Secretary Rumsfeld, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley.

Meanwhile, a U.S. congressman said the matter needs to be dealt with diplomatically, with help from North Korea's neighbours, Russia and China.

"The last thing we need to do is to direct some kind of military action, because a war with North Korea would not be a war like any that we've seen in recent years," U.S. Rep. Curt Weldon (R-Pa.), vice chairman of the House Armed Services and Homeland Security Committees, told CNN.

"They have the fourth-largest army in the world, they have thousands of missiles that are all set up along the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone), and they also have capabilities of their ground forces."

The situation became even more tense Monday when North Korea's main news agency quoted an unidentified newspaper analyst saying Pyongyang was prepared to answer a U.S. military attack with "a relentless annihilating strike and a nuclear war."

The White House responded saying it had no intention of attacking North Korea, but it was determined to protect the U.S. if the country launched a long-range missile.

The U.N. Security Council has called an emergency closed session meeting for Wednesday morning, a French spokesperson said.

The meeting was prompted by a request from Japan's U.N. ambassador Kenzo Oshima who is expected to propose a draft resolution, Reuters reported.

With files from The Associated Press

trick250r
07-04-2006, 09:05 PM
personally, i think they're doing it to get attention. but, that's JMO.

Iliketogofast
07-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Great.

Quad18star
07-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by trick250r
personally, i think they're doing it to get attention. but, that's JMO.

I don't know what they're doing it for , but this could turn ugly really fast .

They are such a closed society , that not many know what goes on in the country . My cousin taught in South Korea for a year , and he went for a trip up to the south/north borders .... he said there's a huge wall , a lot of fencing and armed guards every few feet making sure no one steps foot into the country .

The scary part is , they aren't scared to go to war against other large military forces , and they're ready to launch a few nukes to prove it . :ermm:

07-04-2006, 10:09 PM
gooks.

DieselBoy
07-04-2006, 11:50 PM
fourth largest army in the world = not good

if they do launch a nuke we are @#$% screwed. i pray they do not

Punk'd
07-04-2006, 11:58 PM
How do we compare to them Army wise?

Are we afraid of them? :confused:

I doubt they could out-do us with technology..

PS: Have they launced the "long range" missle?

And what is the target of these missles?

Personally I think they are doing this to say.. "YEAH B*****S! WE GOT BOMBS TO!"

:rolleyes:

4oorider
07-05-2006, 12:26 AM
i love the history channel....well we do have secret underground bunkers that have in them, missles that can shoot down any incoming bomb over our country and yes there is now that one gun from futureweapons too or sooner or later we'll have those guns, idk...but i do know we have the missles

250R-Dee
07-05-2006, 01:03 AM
That was an attention getter! Why else would they launch it on the 4th. Right now the Iran nuke issues is stealing NK's snotty nosed brat show so they did something to remind us that they are still here.

tp300ex
07-05-2006, 01:05 AM
i dont even like watching the news....all they have is bad **** u never hear any thing good:grr:

FHKracingZ
07-05-2006, 01:29 AM
they dont compare to us... think about it guys, now adays who cares about a standing army.. with all the damn weapons and armor'd transportation a standing army is down the list on top miliary force.. the US will dominate NK, and we do have quit a few allies.

Mxjunkie
07-05-2006, 03:44 AM
I think we have pissed off one to many countrys.. lol

MOFO
07-05-2006, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I think we have pissed off one to many countrys.. lol

What does that have to do with anything? North Korea pissed off the world by doing this, not just us!

I hate this anti-American attitude!

Quad18star
07-05-2006, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by 250R-Dee
That was an attention getter! Why else would they launch it on the 4th. Right now the Iran nuke issues is stealing NK's snotty nosed brat show so they did something to remind us that they are still here.

I think that has something to do with it also , but I think they are also trying to prove to the rest of the world that they'll do what they want to do , when they want to do it . They have one of those " We don't give a f**k " attitudes .

I read in another story , that the threats towards the United States was because the US military has been staging combat training excercises just outside of North Korea and that their government is not to fond of this . Also the US military has/has been trying to send spy planes into North Korean air space while they have repeatedly asked for other countries to stay out .

Another reason this has caused some smoke , is because the missles were fired not long after the Discovery shuttle was launched .

Quad18star
07-05-2006, 04:42 AM
Another missle launched .... another news press to read . Here's the latest .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

North Korea test-fired a seventh missile Wednesday, South Korean officials said, intensifying the furor ignited when the reclusive regime launched at least six missiles earlier in the day.

CTV.ca News Staff

A tourist walks by displays of models of North Korea's Scud-B missile at Korea War Memorial Museum in Seoul. (AP / Lee Jin-man)

North Korea test-fired another missile Wednesday, intensifying the furor ignited when the reclusive regime launched at least six missiles, including a long-range Taepodong, earlier in the day.

The missiles apparently fell harmlessly into the Sea of Japan, and U.S. officials said the long-range Taepodong-2 failed shortly after take-off, calling into question the technological capability of North Korea's feared ballistic missile program. Pyongyang last fired a long-range missile in 1998.

But the audacious military exercise drew immediate attention and condemnation. The North American Aerospace Defense Command monitored the launches as they progressed but soon determined they were not a threat to the United States, a spokesman said.

The political reaction was swift. The White House called the tests a "provocation," while the U.N. Security Council scheduled an emergency meeting for Wednesday and Tokyo warned of economic sanctions against the impoverished, communist country.

North Korea remained defiant. A North Korea foreign ministry official told Japanese journalists in Pyongyang that the regime there has an undeniable right to test missiles.

"The missile launch is an issue that is entirely within our sovereignty. No one has the right to dispute it," Ri Pyong Dok, a researcher on Japanese affairs at the North's Foreign Ministry, said on footage aired by TBS. "On the missile launch, we are not bound by any agreement."

Japanese national broadcaster NHK reported that an unidentified Foreign Ministry official in Pyongyang acknowledged the firing of the missiles, but Ri told reporters that diplomats like himself are unaware of what the military is doing.

Some feared more firings. Pyongyang could test additional missiles soon despite the international furor over Wednesday's launches, Australian Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said after making a protest via telephone to North Korea's ambassador to Canberra, Chon Jae Hong.

"We think they probably do intend to launch more missiles in the next day or two," Downer told reporters, without explaining if the possibility of more tests came up in his talk with Chon.

South Korea, separated from the North by the world's most heavily armed border, said the test launches would further deepen its neighbor's international isolation, sour public opinion in the South toward Pyongyang and hurt efforts to control weapons of mass destruction.

The tests, which came as the United States celebrated the Fourth of July and launched the space shuttle Discovery from Cape Canaveral, appeared timed to draw the most attention from Washington. Some speculated that Pyongyang wanted some of the spotlight focused on Iran's nuclear program.

"North Korea wants to get the U.S. to direct bilateral negotiations by using the missile card," said Paik Hak-soon, a North Korea expert at the Seoul-based Sejong Institute. "Timing the launch date on July 4 is an attempt to apply maximum pressure on the U.S. government."

In Tokyo, Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Aso warned of a "very high possibility" the U.N. would level economic sanctions against North Korea. Japan also protested the launches officially through Chinese capital, and banned a North Korean ferry from Japanese ports for six months.

The tests followed weeks of mounting speculation that North Korea would launch a Taepodong-2. U.S. intelligence reports indicated Pyongyang was taking steps to prepare for a launch, but the timing was unknown. North Korea refused to confirm the preparations, but insisted it had the right to such a test.

The test was likely to cast a pall over efforts to lure North Korea back to stalled six-party talks on its nuclear weapons program. Pyongyang has boycotted the negotiations to protest a U.S. crackdown on alleged North Korean counterfeiting and other financial crimes. A North Korean official said Wednesday his country would stand by that stance.

Diplomatic moves over North Korea gathered pace. U.S. nuclear envoy Christopher Hill was to leave Washington for the region later on Wednesday, and the launches coincided with a trip by South Korea's security chief to Washington for consultations. China's vice-premier was also scheduled to go to Pyongyang next week.

The U.S. denounced the launch, but did not consider it a threat to national security, and officials vowed a diplomatic rather than a military response.

"We are urgently consulting with members of the Security Council," said John Bolton, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations. Thomas Schieffer, the U.S. ambassador to Japan, called the launches "a provocative act," and the White House said Pyongyang had further alienated itself from the world community.

Two U.S. State Department officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the long-range missile was the Taepodong-2, North Korea's most advanced missile with a range of up to 15,000 kilometers 9,320 miles. Some experts believe it could reach the United States with a light payload.

The missiles all landed hundreds of miles away from Japan and there were no reports the missiles caused damage within Japanese territory, said Japanese spokesman Shinzo Abe. He said the first missile was launched at about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday, or about 2:30 p.m. Tuesday EDT.

North Korea's missile program is based on Scud technology provided by the former Soviet Union or Egypt, according to American and South Korean officials. North Korea started its Rodong-1 missile project in the late 1980s and test-fired the missile for the first time in 1993.

North Korea had observed a moratorium on long-range missile launches since 1999. It shocked the world in 1998 by firing a Taepodong missile over Japan and into the Pacific Ocean.

The United States and its allies South Korea and Japan have taken quick steps over the past week to strengthen their missile defenses. Washington and Tokyo are working on a joint missile-defense shield, and South Korea is considering the purchase of American SM-2 defensive missiles for its destroyers.

The U.S. and North Korea have been in a standoff over Pyongyang's nuclear weapons program since 2002. Experts, however, doubt the regime has managed to develop a nuclear warhead small enough to mount on its long-range missiles.

With files from the Associated Press

250R-Dee
07-05-2006, 05:21 AM
The training exercises that NK is complaining about have been going on since the 50's. The spy planes gathering info over NK air space has been happening since the 50's.

Kim Jong Il is a snot-nosed psychopath who is intent on proving to the world that he is a submoronic tyrant in dire need of a well placed smart bomb. He is pissed because NK is not considered to be a the most dangerous threat in the world right now so he launched a couple duds in order to bring more attention back to his brainwashed and severely starving nation. The UN and the US will most likely give this moron more aid to feed the starving hoards that can not escape his wrath if he promises to not launch any more duds for a couple years. :ermm:

popo
07-05-2006, 06:17 AM
Interesting pic of a South Korean protester using good ole American WD-40 to ignite a North Korean flag.

trick250r
07-05-2006, 06:51 AM
call me trigger happy, but i really dont think we should let this thing go on. now im not saying nuke them, because that's just as bad for us, but this kind of behavior shouldn't be tolerated. :(

Alberta_Qaudin
07-05-2006, 08:57 AM
i think given the USA's military power it would be a little testy for them to just take military action on a country that is just "testing" missiles that arent carying a payload.......in this case seeing how the USA is sitting on the largest wepons strong hold in the world, including more Nukes than most of the other nuclear countries combined i think that it might be jumping the gun a bit to take action on them for firing basically shells into the ocean...........

and also if you were Bush, or a military leader would the fact you have so many of your forces spread all over the middle east detur you from taking on another war and looking at another aproach for atleast the time at hand

400exstud
07-05-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Alberta_Qaudin
i think given the USA's military power it would be a little testy for them to just take military action on a country that is just "testing" missiles that arent carying a payload.......in this case seeing how the USA is sitting on the largest wepons strong hold in the world, including more Nukes than most of the other nuclear countries combined i think that it might be jumping the gun a bit to take action on them for firing basically shells into the ocean...........

and also if you were Bush, or a military leader would the fact you have so many of your forces spread all over the middle east detur you from taking on another war and looking at another aproach for atleast the time at hand

That's like watching a psycho build a gun and practice with blanks......... and do nothing about it. Obviously you have to do something before they are convinced that it will work and the **** really does hit the fan.

bansheeguy77
07-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by trick250r
call me trigger happy, but i really dont think we should let this thing go on. now im not saying nuke them, because that's just as bad for us, but this kind of behavior shouldn't be tolerated. :(

its not our problem....their "best" missiles failed...the might be able to hit seattle or west coast cities...but we are ready for that. and no matter how tough they try to act they know damn well they dont have anything on us. i dont understand why you guys are scared. so they hit us with a few nukes...their country is the size of new jersey....75 b52's fully loaded and 30 nukes and there is no north korea. sure they have a big army...but they are like the russians...70s technology....we would blow their asses out of the water. sure they are 10x better than iraq....but look at how we just marched through iraq with basically no problems. we would lose more men sure...but dont think they could invade us or even hurt us...

but my issue is the world looks to us to do something. well i think its time china or japan or even russia steps up...this is in their ballfield not ours....they have our backing...just as many men as we do...protect yourselves...dont be france

gbcap
07-05-2006, 10:13 AM
my issue is why do we have to step in and tell everyone, not just NK but everyone what they can and can't do. but if someone would try to tell us to stop testing weapons we would just laugh at them.

do i want NK to have nukes. HELL NO!! i wish NONE of us had nukes at all. it scares the crap out of me to think of someone setting one off...cause then the world basically wouldn't exist anymore.

but i hate how we have become the babysitter of the world. we are allowed to do anything we want and piss of anyone we want but when someone pisses us off we say the were "provoking" us? wtf is that. its aggrivating thinking we are the shiznit and no one can touch us cause that only makes us more of a target!

i am not scared of NK cause i don't think they will do anything. and if they do i won't be alive to realize it cause there will be so many nukes flying around the sky that none of us will be alive.

MOFO
07-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Does anyone have a clue what our world would be like if lets say Japan was nuked from NK? Think about that and tell me we should not worry.... :rolleyes: ... you think our economy was bad after 9/11... think again.

mike_repine
07-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Having been stationed at Camp Casey South Korea I can tell you for a fact that training does indeed occur on and near the border and has since the 50's like the other guy stated. We held all our training only a stones throw away from it. In fact, you could hear the propaganda music we were that close. It's really fascinating to have been to the DMZ. I did a triathlon up at camp Grieves which is right on the DMZ and thru part of the course you could see prosperity village the North built (no one lives there, it's just for show) and saw a crap load of unexploded ordinance which has been left where it landed in the 50's and taped off. As far as what the current military situation is there now you could some it up by saying we are still at war with them only both sides have taken a very long smoke break.

As far as what they’re trying to achieve I think it's really unclear. There's no doubt they are defiant but what they can achieve from their actions is unclear. Personally, I think they are trying to gain leverage buy becoming a nuclear power. If they did it might put the US, Japan, China, and South Korea in a position to appease them by loosening economic sanctions for example. I think the US needs to be tougher on them but really there's only so much we can do. Something needs to be done soon before they develop a nuke that’s small enough to fit on their missiles. If they do have the nukes they claim to have it's just a matter of time before they either launch them or give them to the terrorists. I don't know why we don't do a strategic air strike and take out the nuclear and missile sites we know about. It wouldn’t solve the problem because they still would have the technology to build more but it would certainly delay things.

Punk'd How do we compare to them Army wise? There's no comparison

Are we afraid of them? No, but we are really stretched militarily so a full on ground war would be a real strain on the military. Maybe that's why it's drawing out so long. Maybe the US is trying to get the support of the UN so we don't have to go it alone.

PS: Have they launched the "long range" missile? Yep. I think it was called Taepodong. Capable of reaching Alaska and maybe the west coast. It went down in the sea of Japan I believe.

And what is the target of these missiles? Who knows what the target is. The fact they can reach the US is alarming though.

Personally I think they are doing this to say.. "YEAH B*****S! WE GOT BOMBS TO!" You might be right. But they want something, again I think it’s leverage.

Quad18star
07-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Seeing that the reports showed that they have one of the largest military forces in the world , I did some searching to find out just how big their military is . The number I came up with on several different occasions , was a military man power of 1.1 million soldiers . Apparently 10% of the North Korean population serves in the military .

Now here's some interesting photos I came across of North Korea and what it's like behind it's heavily guarded borders . Apparently the person who tooks these photos wasn't really allowed to take them , but he did anyways . Check them out ... some are pretty interesting .

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82755

mike_repine
07-05-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm surprised they have a population of 10 million. I would have guessed it was much smaller.

161xchonda
07-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Seeing that the reports showed that they have one of the largest military forces in the world , I did some searching to find out just how big their military is . The number I came up with on several different occasions , was a military man power of 1.1 million soldiers . Apparently 10% of the North Korean population serves in the military .

Now here's some interesting photos I came across of North Korea and what it's like behind it's heavily guarded borders . Apparently the person who tooks these photos wasn't really allowed to take them , but he did anyways . Check them out ... some are pretty interesting .

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82755

Those are some very interesting photos. It seems like their cars are stuck in the 60's.

Quad18star
07-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by 161xchonda
Those are some very interesting photos. It seems like their cars are stuck in the 60's.

I think the most interesting photos out of all of them were ....

The ones where they show the beach but it's not accessible because of electric barbed wire so that people can't try and swim away .
http://www.tema.ru/travel/choson-2/_MG_0201.jpg

The photo of the road with all the large pillars and blocks along side that can be pushed over in case of a military attack so that any enemy tanks or vehicles would not be able to advance .
http://www.tema.ru/travel/choson-2/_MG_0031.jpg

The one of the border . North Korea in the foreground , South Korea in the background . The South seems a little more relaxed .
http://img27.exs.cx/img27/5011/nk056re0uz.jpg

Propaganda Village . Built to lure in people from the South . No one lives in the city ... it's built for looks . All the lights in the city go on at the same time and they all go off at the same time . It also has the world's largest flag pole and largest flag ( seen in the centre)

http://arc.mcc.id.au/photos/2004/CJK/r1205.jpg

mx428
07-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
sure they are 10x better than iraq....but look at how we just marched through iraq with basically no problems. I hope you're joking.

Quad18star
07-05-2006, 12:30 PM
World Powers condemn North Korea for missle test

North Korea is facing global condemnation for test-firing a series of missiles, including one thought to be capable of reaching the United States.

CTV.ca News Staff

North Korean leader Kim Jong Il poses for a photograph with the soldiers of Korean People's Army 821 unit, which is situated on the undisclosed forefront, North Korea, in this early April, 2006 photo. (Korea Central News Agency via Korea News Service)

North Korea is facing global condemnation for test-firing a series of missiles, including one thought to be capable of reaching the United States.

The seven missiles included a long-range Taepodong-2, which Washington said failed shortly after take-off.

The missiles, all of which apparently fell harmlessly into the Sea of Japan, triggered an emergency meeting of the United Nations Security Council and calls in Japan for economic sanctions against the impoverished communist regime.

The U.S. called the tests "provocative", while Japan said it would ban the entry of North Korean officials, chartered flights and a ferry.

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said countries around the world had expressed concern "about this provocation," while U.S. Ambassador John Bolton told reporters that "no member had defended what the North Koreans had done."

Speaking after the 15-member emergency Security Council meeting Wednesday, Japan's ambassador Kenzo Oshima said he hoped the response from the council would be "swift, strong and resolute."

South Korea, Britain, Australia and Russia also expressed concern, while back in Canada, Foreign Affairs Minister Peter MacKay described the launch of the missiles as "a major threat to peace and stability" in Northeast Asia.

"Such actions can only diminish North Korea's security, not enhance it," MacKay said in a statement released Wednesday.

China, while also expressing serious concern, urged calm and restraint from all sides.

rtm1216
07-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Part of the reason they want nuclear weapons is to deter the US from attacking them. Don't forget that Bush listed them, along with Iraq and Iran, as an axis of evil. We already invaded one of those countries pre-emptively and a lot of the same rhetoric is going around about Iran that was just before we invaded Iraq.

They would be willing to work w/ us if we would engage in one on one talks, but the White House has outright refused to do this, just as we do w/ Iran. This is probably the worse foreign policy I've ever heard of in my life..... NOT talking with your enemy in order to negotiate terms all sides can agree to. We just say 'F*CK YOU!' to them instead.

Also, the threat from NK is not to the US. It is to Japan and South Korea who could be wiped out by NK in short order w/ a short range nuclear attack. Also, NK is an ally of China. The last country we want to mess with is China. Their army has more people in than the entire population of the US and they are a nuclear power as well w/ missiles that could easily reach anywhere in the US.

Iliketogofast
07-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
How do we compare to them Army wise?

Are we afraid of them? :confused:

PS: Have they launced the "long range" missle?

And what is the target of these missles?

Personally I think they are doing this to say.. "YEAH B*****S! WE GOT BOMBS TO!"

:rolleyes:

Since all our soldiers are over dicking around in Iraq, they could both pull a clean double teamer on us if they wanted to. I doubt they share any allegiance, but if they did it would mean catastrophe.

While our soldiers are messing overseas with them and possible engauging Korea, they could stage a massive attack on our soil while noone is home. It would be ugly.

Even though they are the 4th largest, we're not even ranked because half our army is occupied. Think about that.

gbcap
07-05-2006, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE]
While our soldiers are messing overseas with them and possible engauging Korea, they could stage a massive attack on our soil while noone is home. It would be ugly.
QUOTE]

we have enough soldiers here to defend just about anything. they can't sneak around like they used to in days past. we have too many eyes and ears in too many places for them to sneak an attack on us. we would have long enough to gather a retaliation force that would annialiate a ground attack. hell, one guy sitting infront of a computer could defend a ground attack these days.

Pappy
07-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast

Even though they are the 4th largest, we're not even ranked because half our army is occupied. Think about that.

I hope thier army is chocked full of good swimmers, because the Korean Navy would get its *** kicked by 3 drunk guys on a fishing boat:p To bring a military force to attack american soil and occupy us is way more then most countries could ever dream of accomplishing.

Think about this....alot of us would as soon shoot those running the other way before we ever shot our enemy. American "citizens" need to tighten up or you will have holes in both sides:chinese:

400exrules
07-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
its not our problem....their "best" missiles failed...the might be able to hit seattle or west coast cities...but we are ready for that. and no matter how tough they try to act they know damn well they dont have anything on us. i dont understand why you guys are scared. so they hit us with a few nukes...their country is the size of new jersey....75 b52's fully loaded and 30 nukes and there is no north korea. sure they have a big army...but they are like the russians...70s technology....we would blow their asses out of the water. sure they are 10x better than iraq....but look at how we just marched through iraq with basically no problems. we would lose more men sure...but dont think they could invade us or even hurt us...

but my issue is the world looks to us to do something. well i think its time china or japan or even russia steps up...this is in their ballfield not ours....they have our backing...just as many men as we do...protect yourselves...dont be france

you seriously need to get your facts together. A live nuclear bomb has never been tested. the engineers theorize that they are about 1,000 times stronger than an atom bomb...and will release deadly radiation that will last for about 50,000 years. dont plan on 75 planes dropping 30 nuclear warheads each over one country........one nuclear weapon going off anywhere will cause huge problems on many different levels.

and if their was an emergency situation...we wouldnt have time to send planes.......more than likely one of the several US nuclear powered subs would take care of business

07-05-2006, 04:01 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mo/teamamerica250b.jpg

400exrules
07-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I hope thier army is chocked full of good swimmers, because the Korean Navy would get its *** kicked by 3 drunk guys on a fishing boat:p To bring a military force to attack american soil and occupy us is way more then most countries could ever dream of accomplishing.

Think about this....alot of us would as soon shoot those running the other way before we ever shot our enemy. American "citizens" need to tighten up or you will have holes in both sides:chinese:

lol, my cousin in law is real into history, and he was reading this book about the war, and Japan army leaders said that they never invaded america by land because they knew how 95% of americans were patriotic gun owners lmfao!

basically...the US military would have only been part of Japans worries lol

Pappy
07-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
lol, my cousin in law is real into history, and he was reading this book about the war, and Japan army leaders said that they never invaded america by land because they knew how 95% of americans were patriotic gun owners lmfao!

basically...the US military would have only been part of Japans worries lol

interesting, but it would be something to see who stood where when the bullets started flying. america in 1951 is not the same america in 2006

Plante400
07-05-2006, 05:31 PM
yeah attack america on ground

id be ready

so would probly half the country

xtremefullbore
07-05-2006, 05:54 PM
i think you guys are overlooking the facts... if we go to war with north korea, they will have no allies, we will have at least 5 countries.....U.S, russia, south korea, japan, U.N... that is definitly a bigger military then north korea could dream of.. also you guys are so scared of north korea dropping a nuke or huge missle on us but we have by far the most missles and nukes in the world, it would take 3 nukes on north korea and they wont know what to think..and if you think about it we have the Iraqi soldiers as well and they actually have a fairly good sized military if we got into deep trouble.

Quad18star
07-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by xtremefullbore
i think you guys are overlooking the facts... if we go to war with north korea, they will have no allies, we will have at least 5 countries.....U.S, russia, south korea, japan, U.N... that is definitly a bigger military then south korea could dream of.. also you guys are so scared of north korea dropping a nuke or huge missle on his but we have by far the most missles and nukes in the world, it would take 3 nukes on north korea and they wont know what to think..and if you think about it we have the Iraqi soldiers as well and they actually have a fairly good sized military if we got into deep trouble.

:huh

MOFO
07-05-2006, 06:09 PM
:huh

I'll see your bet and raise you two.

:huh :huh :huh

I've had conversations with people that have drank close to a case of beer and they made more sense. :D

xtremefullbore
07-05-2006, 06:18 PM
I've had conversations with people that have drank close to a case of beer and they made more sense.

I havent drank a case of beer, only on my 4th right now, leftovers from yesterdyas partay. :macho

Pappy
07-05-2006, 06:28 PM
i think you guys are overlooking the facts... if we go to war with north korea, they will have no allies, we will have at least 5 countries.....

Yeah, China would just love the USA on its border again, the last time they threw in 300 divisions and drove back the United States and the U.N. costing the most American deaths in the Korean Conflict

U.S, russia, south korea, japan, U.N... that is definitly a bigger military then north korea could dream of..

It is highly unlikely any of those mentioned countries would assist in any military action with the exception of what would be left from the smoldering ruins of South Korea

also you guys are so scared of north korea dropping a nuke or huge missle on us but we have by far the most missles and nukes in the world, it would take 3 nukes on north korea and they wont know what to think..

We had the most missles when a ragtag group of ragheads pulled off the most successful attack ever on US soil. Imagine if they had North Korea handing them the nuclear capability. It is unlikely that the United States will ever use a first strike on anyone, we have other options to nuetralize a country the size of North Korea. Ofcourse you do nuke North Korea and noone would care what they thought, but I am sure China would be a bit tiffed

and if you think about it we have the Iraqi soldiers as well and they actually have a fairly good sized military if we got into deep trouble.

They can not get enough Iraqi's properly trained to fill an organized police force much less operate in conjunction with the U.S. Military.

DieselBoy
07-05-2006, 06:35 PM
i think the idea of nuclear weapons is stupid. no matter where you set them off, your still screwed. what makes you think if the US launched missles/nuclear/hydrogen bomb that they wouldn't do the exact same? and did you know missle defence only works 50% of the time?

xtremefullbore
07-05-2006, 07:14 PM
basically i just got put in my place.. :confused:

Quad18star
07-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
I'll see your bet and raise you two.

:huh :huh :huh

I've had conversations with people that have drank close to a case of beer and they made more sense. :D

LMAO .

400exrules
07-05-2006, 08:32 PM
yah, i dont know why yall keep throwin around the idea of nukes........if one nuke goes off anywhere it will cause huge problems. i dont think any of us can fathom how powerful these things are....i think some of you are getting atomic bombs (WWII) and nuclear bombs mixed up.

supposedly, nuclear bombs are so powerful, that scientists predict when one goes off, it could actually throw the earth off axis, or move it slightly.....which will F us all in the A.

not to mention the radiation that will travel through the jet stream, pollute the ocean, kill animals, contaminate food sources, etc.

im not saying we shouldnt use them.....but dont take 1 nuclear bomb lightly, saying "oh well, if they shoot one at us, we will chuck 40 at them!"

Quad18star
07-05-2006, 08:38 PM
I just read another report that is saying that North Korea is ready to launch another 3 or 4 short or medium-range missiles . They have them on the launch pads and ready to fire . .

At the rate things are going , I think we might see the world's largest fireworks show in the near future .

North Korea will probably attack South Korea and maybe fire a long range missile towards Japan . There will be retaliation from these countries .

Things in the Middle East are getting worse by the day .

Israel and Palestine are firing rockets at eachother , taking hostages , blowing up schools . Looks like Israel wants Gaza back .

And the radio is playing " It's the end of the world as we know it ..."

DieselBoy
07-05-2006, 09:06 PM
it was nice knowin you all :o

Kidding...

ITSTOCK
07-05-2006, 09:18 PM
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! You have gotten so brain washed it's INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know or realize how unstable Kim Jung is? Seriously, take a step back from the newspaper and television. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS, KIM JUNG IS INSANE (most likely legally if he were to get tested).

Originally posted by rtm1216

They would be willing to work w/ us if we would engage in one on one talks,

troutman561
07-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Well I say nuke em all... but ummm, should we be scared of a missle called the tapo-dong or something like that.. sounds kinky...

Quad18star
07-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by ITSTOCK
ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! You have gotten so brain washed it's INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know or realize how unstable Kim Jung is? Seriously, take a step back from the newspaper and television. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS, KIM JUNG IS INSANE (most likely legally if he were to get tested).

The leader is off his rocker and by doing what he's doing shows it but what RTM1216 said isn't completly false .

He wants the stalled talks to resume between the countries . From what I've gathered , North Korea wants to be granted the authority to test their missiles and to research and develop their technology . The UN doesn't want them to do any of it because they have nuclear powers and by granting them the authority to test fire their weapons , North Korea is able to gather valuable information about just how far they can launch a missile with a nuke strapped to it when they develop a nuke small enough to strap onto a missile . NK is saying they just want to do research , the UN is telling them their leader is a little too off the wall to be doing that kind of research . North Korea will continue with it until all the member of the UN decide to cut them off from ALL funding .

ITSTOCK
07-05-2006, 09:42 PM
I really agree with what you say for the large majority, but I strongly disagree with what rtm1216 stated.

He doesn't "want" the stalled talks to resume. Russia, japan, south korea and china all STRONGLY urged him to NOT fire the missles. If he wanted to talk, he would have listened to the suggestions and went ahead and followed with the resolution, THAT HAS BEEN PENDING SINCE 1998 WHEN HE FIRST BACKED OUT OF NEGOTIATIONS/TALKS.

THEY DON'T WANT TO TALK. They WANT to do whatever it is they want to do, without others intruding, all while keeping their imports and exports.

The leader is off his rocker and by doing what he's doing shows it but what RTM1216 said isn't completly false .

He wants the stalled talks to resume between the countries . From what I've gathered , North Korea wants to be granted the authority to test their missiles and to research and develop their technology . The UN doesn't want them to do any of it because they have nuclear powers and by granting them the authority to test fire their weapons , North Korea is able to gather valuable information about just how far they can launch a missile with a nuke strapped to it when they develop a nuke small enough to strap onto a missile . NK is saying they just want to do research , the UN is telling them their leader is a little too off the wall to be doing that kind of research . North Korea will continue with it until all the member of the UN decide to cut them off from ALL funding .

Pappy
07-05-2006, 09:44 PM
If I were president, id bang a hot chick during a nationwide press conference and have a copy sent to Kim jung ill and tell him this is what he should be doing with his tapedodong:p

The guy is a wack job and he would love nothing better then to get into a full blown fight with the US.

Plante400
07-05-2006, 09:46 PM
its actually a giant dildo..

this is all a misunderstanding.

Pappy
07-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Plante400
its actually a giant dildo..

this is all a misunderstanding.

possible, and it was Kim jung ill that only lasted 35 seconds:p get that man some viagra!~

xtremefullbore
07-05-2006, 09:52 PM
possible, and it was Kim jung ill that only lasted 35 seconds get that man some viagra!~

lmfao, i can just picture that japanese wack job bangin a chick 540 MPH..

Quad18star
07-05-2006, 09:57 PM
If I were president, id bang a hot chick during a nationwide press conference and have a copy sent to Kim jung ill and tell him this is what he should be doing with his tapedodong:p

The guy is a wack job and he would love nothing better then to get into a full blown fight with the US.

Where's Clinton when you need him . :p

ITSTOCK ..... you're right . I went and did a bit more research and North Korea was the ones that backed out of the talks . I read it wrong the first time . They backed out because of US crack down on North Korean counterfeiting and financial crimes .

Pappy
07-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Where's Clinton when you need him . :p

I said HOT CHICK...clinton liked pigs:p

xtremefullbore
07-05-2006, 10:27 PM
I said HOT CHICK...clinton liked pigs

so during the presidential speech Bush should just bang jessica simpson, while nick lachey sings whats left of me and beats off in the corner... i would be too... :p

Quad18star
07-05-2006, 10:32 PM
I said HOT CHICK...clinton liked pigs:p

HAHAHA ...... well atleast he was one step closer than Bush to banging a girl on national TV .... atleast that we know of .

Imagine the look on Kim Jung's face if he seen Bush feeding it to a North Korean woman ...... WW3 would surely begin .

07-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Have to give props to Kennedy though. He did Marilyn Monroe.

400exrules
07-07-2006, 02:07 PM
bump, anymore news?

xtremefullbore
07-07-2006, 04:22 PM
I wisH i was famous even being old and famous would be okay, just think about all the hot chicks you'd be bangin, Jessica Simpson would be a Wednesday night out for you.. :blah:

Quad18star
05-25-2007, 06:47 AM
North Korea never ceases to amaze me. They go dorment for a while and then come back here and there to remind us that they're still alive and kickin' .

Looks like they launched a couple short range land to ship missles today in response to South Korea launching a destroyer with Aegis radar technology .

Has anyone ever noticed , that whenever chit between Isreal and Iran starts getting heated up again , North Korea gets new life and acts up ??

Pappy
05-25-2007, 06:51 AM

Has anyone ever noticed , that whenever chit between Isreal and Iran starts getting heated up again , North Korea gets new life and acts up ??

It has to do with the wack job running the show. He has to be making headlines and acting badazz or he isnt happy. The missle launches, the nuclear crap, all to get western aide and still save face with his red party buddies. China is stepping away from old lines and he has to keep the area stirred up or they will be forgotton. This is the main reason we havent had to do anything from a military stand-point, he is all talk and China would handle them long before we would have to.

I geuss Bush was right when he defined the Axis of Evil...eh

procircuit406ex
05-26-2007, 08:45 PM
...... WW3 would surely begin .

Im just asking not trying to jump in the middle of all this but dont the Bible say there wont be a third World War?

ShiftFMX
05-26-2007, 08:52 PM
I hate it when Year old threads get kicked up like this, here I am reading this and thinking..."ohh shiiiit..." And then I see its a year old!! :mad:

m.h.s.c.#527
05-26-2007, 10:38 PM
yea the first thing i did was look at the date when i saw how many views and responses it had lol

procircuit406ex
05-26-2007, 10:50 PM
I was looking for another thread on the second page and just happened to see it...my bad:confused:

05-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by procircuit406ex
Im just asking not trying to jump in the middle of all this but dont the Bible say there wont be a third World War?

that don't mean ****.

procircuit406ex
05-26-2007, 11:21 PM
just askin man damn:huh

Quad18star
05-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
I hate it when Year old threads get kicked up like this, here I am reading this and thinking..."ohh shiiiit..." And then I see its a year old!! :mad:

It may have been a year old , but when I brought it back up , it was with new information about them launching another missle.