PDA

View Full Version : i'm broken

DVXchic
07-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Hey guys, haven't done a post in a while, I have a little trouble typing with a broken wrist.:(
I did it 18 days ago, I was playin around our track at the house and came up too short on a double, for some reason the left front tire hit the face of the double first and sent me for a cartwheel.:eek:
Unfortunatly nobody saw this so i don't know how many times the bike went over, but by the marks in the dirt it would have been awesome to see.
The bike suffered a bent stem, flat tire and some pretty good scars. i on the other hand wasn't so lucky:ermm: I broke my right wrist on the joint which resulted in surgury and a plate in my wrist. I am already out of a cast, i just use a splint every night.
Sooo, if anyone else has had a similer break, can you tell me how long it took to get back on your quad?
my bike has been parted out, I swear people smelt blood,cause for some reason the phone started ringing 2 days after the crash with people wanting stuff.:confused: Oh well, i just get to start over again.
Heres a before the crash pic, I was going to try qotm again with all the new stuff.

outacontrol
07-04-2006, 08:50 PM
thats a sweet quad!

DVXchic
07-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Heres my after the crash pic, i still have the front shocks and axle.

Quad18star
07-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Good luck with your recovery but whatever you do , don't push it too much too fast . I did and now my ankle kills me everyday and there's nothing the doctors can do about it . :ermm:

DVXchic
07-04-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm not going to push it, I really hope to be better by august 12 for a flattrck race, other then that i'm not concerned about it till september, i will be spending a week in parrysound then, and if i cant ride i will be very upset:grr:
heres a pic of my new scar
its pretty big

07-04-2006, 09:22 PM
eww

chics dig scars tho...dont worry

oh wait :blah:

but i dont get it, why did you part the quad? and when did you decide to part it? just a little confused there

DVXchic
07-04-2006, 09:37 PM
I only parted out what people asked for, i run a business selling quad parts, so i will do anything to make a customer happy, even if its at my expense. I am really going to miss that swinger though. it looked purdy on there.

Quad18star
07-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Nice battle wound .... I got a few of those also . Just think , it's stories to tell your future grand kids . :p

August 12th is a flat track race in Parry Sound or you're just going there for vacation ?? :confused:

So now that the DVX is being parted , what will be the next toy ???

DVXchic
07-04-2006, 09:45 PM
aug 12 flattrack is in belleville, most fun race i have ever done, parrysound trip is sept, we are going up there for the week and then racing on the 9, 10. renting a cabin fot the week and doing lots of riding.

DVXchic
07-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Oh yeah, about the quad, I will probably put the dvx back together to finish the year, and see whats in the future next year, I keep seeing visions of a 2 stroke, not sure yet though.

Quad18star
07-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by DVXchic
Oh yeah, about the quad, I will probably put the dvx back together to finish the year, and see whats in the future next year, I keep seeing visions of a 2 stroke, not sure yet though.

Over the last couple of weeks , there's been a few 2-strokes in the trader . One with an aftermarket frame and all done up . I think the price was around $9000 .

I read over on Offroad Cycle and ATVs website , that they will be hosting Cross Coutry races .... 1 of which will be in Parry Sound . If your DVX is back together and not too wide , you should give it a try ( if you're healed up also)

DVXchic
07-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Those races were cancelled as of last weekend, not enough interest. I raced one of those in porthope 4 years ago, it was my first race ever, it was the hardest riding i have ever done for an hour straight, i rode a blaster. I didn't give up like alot of people did, but i am not sure if i'd want to put my body through that again, it hurts to think about it:p

Quad18star
07-05-2006, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by DVXchic
Those races were cancelled as of last weekend, not enough interest. I raced one of those in porthope 4 years ago, it was my first race ever, it was the hardest riding i have ever done for an hour straight, i rode a blaster. I didn't give up like alot of people did, but i am not sure if i'd want to put my body through that again, it hurts to think about it:p

Well now that really blows . I hadn't looked at the website in a few weeks , so I was guessing they were still on . I wish there was enough interest , I think Cross Country racing would be able to make it here in Ontario .

clutt225
07-05-2006, 07:11 AM
Good to see you are typing again. The Full Throttle Racing pit is a sad state this year Terri with a broken wrist me out for a few with a broken collar bone. Oh well bones heal glory is for ever.

DOHC
07-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Why did u part ur bike out, r u getting out of quads?

MoToX199
07-05-2006, 02:52 PM
hey sorry to hear about you accident i hope yopu get better,not to be mean or anything but umm are you selling your plastics?

FourFiftyFour
07-05-2006, 02:56 PM
I broke my wrist the day after my 21st bday...and it def sucked. My motor locked up on me in midair while I was in 1st place during a moto. Here you go.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/MotoXQuadChick/Rd4last278.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/MotoXQuadChick/Rd4last279.jpg

TheFontMaster
07-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
I broke my wrist the day after my 21st bday...and it def sucked. My motor locked up on me in midair while I was in 1st place during a moto. Here you go.

Owch, I hope you both heal up quck. How'd the quad fair after that crash?

GooseZ400
07-05-2006, 05:52 PM
I'd give your wrist at least 6-8 wks to recover thats what it took me way back when. Take it easy like said previously or itll hurt all the time. Sorry about your luck and best wishes for you to get better.

xtremefullbore
07-05-2006, 06:14 PM
last year at st. joe i was drag racing and a dirtbike was coming my way and i had nowhere to go but to just sit and pray id be okay and i have it on camera, my bike did 3 midair flips and I was laying on my back and my handlebars hit me in the face with no helmet on because it flew off on impact and then my front end layed on me for about 5 seconds until it got rolled off, but I had a broken jaw, broken nose and 13 stitches on my forehead, 10 on my chin, and 24 on my cheek, I looked like Nelly with a band-aid on my cheek but I still have the same Honda 400ex, and all done was, bent tie rod, bent rear rims, all bent a-arms, smashed in headlights, bent handlebars, severely cracked plastic, bent neft bars, and a real screwed up bumper, and a broken Houser swingarm, all the post on the bumper snapped off, but it looks new as I racked up a $$3,100 bill the next day...:scary: but nothing was OEM so that was real pricey. so if you think about it i was better off buying a brand new atv at that price, oh well...

DVXchic
07-05-2006, 08:36 PM
WOW Cdale chic< thats some good footage

thanks for the kind words guys and sorry no more parts for sale im not sure i can afford to replace the ones i sold

its gonna take more than a broken wrist for me o get out of quads

FourFiftyFour
07-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Owch, I hope you both heal up quck. How'd the quad fair after that crash?

well it was totalled..but not from that... little did i know that i had bent cases and internals in that motor and such from when a lady rear ended my truck with the quad in the back.. the whole quad is just a sitting frame with scattered destroyed parts everywhere... nothing broke from that wreck except maybe a seat latch...which i could say the same from when it got hit by a car :ermm:

Blue250X
07-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/MotoXQuadChick/Rd4last278.jpg

um...i think you hung on too long...haha, im only jokin, sry to hear about that, but if i were you, id get that enlarged!

FourFiftyFour
07-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Blue250X
um...i think you hung on too long...haha, im only jokin, sry to hear about that, but if i were you, id get that enlarged!

the quad was running and then all of a sudden it wasnt....no warning...nothing...it just shut off...and i wasnt over a huge jump...it was a roller that shot you out more than it did up.... so one sec i was cruising normally and the next split second it was already flipped over...i dont think i had enough time to let go lol

and its not only in picture...they have it on dvd too :ermm: