PDA

View Full Version : stator plate question?

jas250r
07-04-2006, 03:34 PM
I replaced my stator during a complete rebulid. I order on from ricky stator along with a lightened flywheel. I now have 20hrs or so on the motor. When riding this weekend the thing started to die, and i could hear a scraping noise when rolling it over with the kicker. Get it home pull the stator cover and the mounting phillips screws had all loosened up and allowed the stator to rub and burn itself out, via the burned electrical smell. I put the stocker in and everything is well. I thought that ricky stator would have loctited these screws that hold the stator to the mounting plate? I used loctite on the mounting plate bolts. I didn't see anything in the intructions when i got that said take it apart and loctite everything? I'am going to give them a call and see if he will send a new one, Or is this my fault? stupid me?

wilkin250r
07-04-2006, 05:15 PM
How long did oit take to accumulate that 20hrs of riding time?

My first thought is to say it's their fault. It was their assembly that fell apart, something like that should never happen. First off, it should never fall apart there. Second, you should never never never have to dissassemble ANYBODY's products and reassemble them correctly. That's unreasonable.

However, if you're the kind of person that rides a couple times a month, so that 20hrs actually took 3 months, I think you'll have a hard time collecting. Very few people guarentee their products forever, and most warrenties expire by actual calendar time, not by riding hours.

jas250r
07-04-2006, 05:50 PM
no not 3 months. since memorial day and they more i think about it it is closer to 25. Hopefully ricky stator feels the same way. I will spring for shipping so they can see what happened, and they send me a new unit free of charge.

jas250r
07-05-2006, 02:55 PM
just got off the phone with them and they said send it in and they will address the situation and get me taken care of. So tommorrow i will visit the post office