PDA

View Full Version : Hinson 8 Plate setup

danbobsR
07-04-2006, 08:05 AM
anybody need a hinson 8 plate basket, inner hub and pressure plate It has quite a few hours on it but still works great. It is still in the bike right now so I dont have a pic available Im sellin the motor as well the motor is up on ebay danbob.danbob is the user name. 250 shipped for the hinson stuff

C-LEIGH RACING
07-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Now wonder who this could be from Elizabeth City ??? got any other parts for sale, got a guy needs a 88 model flywheel cause his is rusted & stripped out where the removal tool screws in.
Whats the price on the whole engine.
Neil

danbobsR
07-04-2006, 02:49 PM
I dont who could it be? I got the motor up on ebay with picture look at it and make me a offer I will leave the clutch setup in it if you want .But I am still keeping the clutch cover. just put in esr 330 250r it should pull up I got a extra flywheel but I dont know how to tell the difference from year models

C-LEIGH RACING
07-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Telling the difference in the flywheel year models, the 85/86 the center hub with the rivets was a smaller OD than the 88/89.
The two 1/2" size holes that go through the 85/86 flywheel next to the hub, you can almost see the complete hole & on the 88/89 that center hub covers about half the hole cause the OD on the hub is larger.

Each year flywheel has to match up with each year ignition system or the system wont function properly.
Thanks Neil

You ever go out to Dixieland & watch the TT atv races. ???

danbobsR
07-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Ive been out there a couple of times Im guessing youve raced out there looks like fun. but im sure it will wear you out quick

C-LEIGH RACING
07-09-2006, 06:10 PM
Yeah, we been going down there quite a few years now.
I dont race myself (too old), but build some of the two stroke engines for riders that do race there.
Neil