PDA

View Full Version : tomahawk's mx race this weekend?

coolguy8769
07-03-2006, 10:37 PM
is anyone goin to it? i plan on making it my first race and i'm kinda scetchy about it, is there a big turn out for the district in the C class? i don't really wanna go back to that place after what they did to us quad guys but i need to get my first race in, i hate just goin to the track and practicing i wanna be apart of the racing comunity u know... lol enough talk, anyone goin?

Dupontster
07-04-2006, 06:14 AM
I will be going. It will most likley be District 7 and 13 combined cause it is a Saturday race. Last Saturday I raced at Dinwittie VA and there was 23 riders in C class. That was the biggest gate that day.

Delaware152
07-05-2006, 04:58 AM
Does anybody know details on this weekend? Website states open practice 9-12 for $35. Gates open 12 and racing starts at 3:45. I assume there would be a race practice? $35 for three hours of open practice is a little high or does that include race entry? I have left a message but have not received a call back yet. I didn't know if anybody knew some more details.

treake
07-05-2006, 06:56 AM
I'm planning on sending an email to try and get more details. Unfortunately, I'll be on the other quad this weekend. Thanks to someone smashing into me in the first turn at VMP, there's more damage than I thought, right down to the frame.

Dupontster
07-05-2006, 12:08 PM
I sent an e-mail and got a reply right back....I asked if the morning practice was for bikes...and quad practice at 12 noon...This is what it said and I am copying and pasting...."Yes, the practice from 12 -3 is for Quads only, and it is $35. You can practice from 12-3 and if you are racing, there will be another short practice before the race." That is telling me that we don't need to be there until around 12...Quad practice is 12 to 3 with a short practice then quad racing at 3:45....I think this is JUST a D7 race and not a 13....

treake
07-05-2006, 01:02 PM
It is only a D7 race. D13 is at VMP this weekend.

Dupontster
07-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Thats what I thought....Hell, we'll be out of there by 5....:D

Dupontster
07-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but D7 Quads consist of A, B, C, +30 & +40...That's going to be a short day....

D-7#61-450r
07-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Its a good thing that it has rained. TMX sucks when it is dry. Everyone watch out for the tomahawk chop, unfortunately it always seems to get someone there. Also I hope they give ya'll the nice plaques again not the baseball cards they gave last year, including A class. Not trying to discurage anyone because the track can be fun and it is fast as long as the crew running the show is in a good mood. Also if Pappy shows up there is always great photo's.

Dupontster
07-06-2006, 06:13 AM
For some reason I am getting a bad feeling about this place....I have heard nothing but bad things about it...We're going to see it first hand...The way I understand it: There will be practice for the 2 wheel bikes from 9 to 12....Then there will be quad practice from 12 to 3 for $35.00....Quad racing for D7 begins at 3:45...That sure isn't going to be much racing...A, B, C, and Vet...I also hear that they have 2 tracks.....If we run on the "good" track we'll be OK...If not brace yourself...I'm not planning on getting there until maybe 11 or so....I guess we'll see....

mxdad
07-06-2006, 09:37 AM
The classes will also include youth classes. They should be as follows...

Classes:

Adult

"A"
"B"
"C" (Novice & 1st year riders)
Vet (30+)
Senior (40+)

Youth

0-50cc Ltd. (4-6 yrs)
0-50cc Prod. (6-8 yrs)
51-70cc Prod. (6-11 yrs)
71-90cc Prod. (8-15 yrs)
200 2s/300 4s Prod. Youth (13-15 yrs)

District 7 Rules/Classes (http://www.amadistrict7.com/quadmx/06%20ATV%20MX%20Rules.htm)

Also according to the TMX website there is a new "quad track" so you may be racing on a new track???

We will be in the area and may stop out to watch but will not be racing.

Delaware152
07-06-2006, 11:19 AM
I had heard and I believe the website states quads are racing on the "main track". I sure hope it's not $35 for practice and an additional $25 to race. If that's the case maybe that's another of telling quads they are not welcome there.

Treake....It sounds like you bike is officially "broke in". How many tools did you lose or break when you realized what all was messed up. lol

Pappy
07-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by D-7#61-450r
Also if Pappy shows up there is always great photo's.

As much as I would love to be there to see everyone and get coverage, I can not support a facility that does not support quads. Good luck to everyone, everyone be safe, and if you have the time, swing up to breezewood after the race for some great riding on saturday. www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com

treake
07-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Delaware152
I had heard and I believe the website states quads are racing on the "main track". I sure hope it's not $35 for practice and an additional $25 to race. If that's the case maybe that's another of telling quads they are not welcome there.

Treake....It sounds like you bike is officially "broke in". How many tools did you lose or break when you realized what all was messed up. lol

I would definitely say that it's a pretty good indication that he is taking advantage of the situation and he's not interested in running quads. I wonder if he's charging the bikes the same amount to practice from 9-12.

I guess you can say that the bike is officially "broke in." You will be surprised to hear that I didn't lose any tools or break anything. I figured since I was already going to be out quite a bit of money to fix the quad that I best not have to buy new tools in the process. Not to mention, I was to sore in the mid section to toss anything. Although I was looking for something to hit or beat on with a hammer. Ha!Ha! A buddy called when I was in this state to get an update on the damage and quickly wanted to go. Ha!Ha! I never expected to get hit that hard in the Vet class. I still have tire marks on my nerfs and a-arms and it still gets me fired up when I see it. Ha!Ha! I'm sending the shock back today and ordering a new tie rod.

Dupontster
07-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Copied from the TMX site:

Next Race: July 8th -
Quad Race Gates open at 12 for race. Race starts 3:45pm
Practice (Main Track) 9-12am - $35
No Bikes that day!

Still don't know weather to get there at 9 or 12....
Hate to get there at 9 and can't practice until 12...
If no bikes are going to be there that day, why isn't practice listed from 9 to 3...
I'm cornfused.....:D
I'm just getting there at 11 - 11:30 hopeing to practice for a quad race from 12 to 3 and race at 3:45....I guess we'll all see on Saturday...

Pappy
07-06-2006, 01:39 PM
TMX will not (or they havent in the past) a race unless they get the turnout needed to break even. If they require 70 quads and only 45 show, the race may not be run

DBF1972
07-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Pappy you are correct. I remember a race there last year, that was cancelled (we ended up having a practice day) because there was less than 70 quads. I was out there on Tuesday, and the track was in bad shape. Not many people there, and no quads practicing on that small quad track. The track is running the opposite direction, it looked like the bike mx guys were struggling with the direction.

I hadn't planned on going, because they stopped supporting us, and I have tried to talk to Chad and e-mail him about letting us ride there again. He has NO interest in it at all. I posted a thread on this issue a while back, and got some feedback from you and Dupontster on not going.

You of all people should really voice a opinion about this issue since you mentioned to me that you only live minutes from Tomahawk. Breezewood looks better and better every day.

Dupontster
07-06-2006, 05:57 PM
I wonder why they even have the quads there at all if they don't want them...We (D7) have 2 races there this year...You almost have to run them if you want to stay up in the points...We were just going to pass on it but we are leading in points and don't want to give the lead away just because we didn't show for a race....We are going to check it out this weekend and see what happens....

Pappy
07-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by DBF1972

You of all people should really voice a opinion about this issue since you mentioned to me that you only live minutes from Tomahawk. Breezewood looks better and better every day.

I have many faults, and giving folks 1 chance only is one of them. I supported every event they had up until the point they stopped letting quads practice. I dont know where else you will find someone as dedicated as I am to supporting atv events so when I refuse you know there is an issue.

DBF1972
07-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Well said Pappy. I will probably pass on it, and head on up to Breezewood or Blue Diamond instead.

Dupontster, good luck and let me know how it was. I "may" go, but I doubt it. Take your time during practice, Chad has changed the track a bit to accommodate the direction change. We'll see....Pappy has a very good point.

I have also spent a lot of time there last year, and have supported Tomahawk throughout the years. I just hate it has to come to an end like this.

Pappy
07-06-2006, 06:24 PM
We will be at Breezewood, make sure you stop over and say hello, I would like to meet you and anyone else from the site for that matter.

DBF1972
07-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Will do. I usually ride with mike_repine #603, and Barry #31. I think the wife and I will be there on Sat. or Sun.

See you there...

Pappy
07-06-2006, 06:34 PM
I know them dudes:p

DBF1972
07-06-2006, 06:49 PM
That would be them! I would have been in that picture too except the wife and I had to leave early that day for a non-atv family outing!

Dupontster
07-07-2006, 05:15 AM
Update....Update....Update....I just got an e-mail from Jerry (Webmaster for TMX)and I quote: "Quads can practice from 9-12 for $35.00. There are no bikes (2 wheels) allowed from 9-12. Just Quads.

Thanks,

Jerry
Webmaster, TMX"

That is telling me that there will be a paid practice from 9 to 12....Then a before race practice from 12 to 3.....Then race...

Pappy, How far is Breezwood from TMX...If we get thrown out of there we might come up for Saturday....:D

Pappy
07-07-2006, 06:38 AM
its an hour north

D-7#61-450r
07-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Lets hear some results Dup.

Dupontster
07-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Just walked in the house 10 minutes ago....C class had 28 riders and they broke it down to 14 in each div...We won Div 1 and Anthony won Div 2...Had a very good day...We won both motos...JT won the A class and I think Kyle was second...They put on a good show as usual....Ian won the vet class too...I think there was a total of 58 bikes there today....I must say that we were treated very well...They ran the motos fast and we were done and out of there by 6:15...The track was very well grommed...Had practice this morning from 9 to 12...Then they groomed the track and did the sign up thing and we started racing at 3:15...BTW this is Old Man Dup....:D Da kid is in the shower....Garys bike is doing OK so far...2 back to back wins...

D-7#61-450r
07-09-2006, 06:36 AM
Awsome, Great to hear Chris is kicking tail on the new ride. It is also good to hear that TMX groomed the track and took care of ya'll. Like I said if they actually do something with the track and the people are in good moods it is a real fun time up there. Well I'm off to the beach chat with ya in a week or so.

Dupontster
07-09-2006, 08:06 AM
I don't know about all this kickin tail....The bike has been running good and a few breaks here and there doesn't hurt either...

mxdad
07-09-2006, 11:16 AM
How was the mini quad turnout?

Dupontster
07-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Wasn't too bad...I really didn't see them because they were right in front of us....I am guessing there were 15 total...Thats a wild guess now....

treake
07-10-2006, 07:25 AM
For those who skipped this race for whatever reason, you missed a good one. In my opinion the track was very well layed out and flowed nicely. It was very well groomed and never got rough like in times past or dusty. Although, I was hoping for it to get a little rough just because thats what I prefer but it was excellent the way it held up. I pesonally think the jumps were awesome. The take offs and landers were excellent and they had a little bit for everyone. My favorite parts on the track were the jumps; a table, table, step down section. A double, double section in the center and an up hill step up that was a blast. You just come out of the bottom and hold it pinned in 4th or 5th (depending on how your quad was geared or modified) all the way off the jump. It was a blast. The only questionable section on the track was the down hill section before the big table top but he had to do something to slow riders down. I can honestly say it was one of the best tracks we ran this year next to VMP. There was also a nice new concrete pad and starting gate. Does this mean it's going to be this way for the next race, your guess is as good as mine but I sure hope so.

As for a D7 quad race getting canceled last year, can someone explain what race was canceled because as far as I know, there was no quad race at Tomahawk that was canceled so please someone enlighten me.

Pappy
07-10-2006, 07:37 AM
There was no race cancelled at TMX that I am aware of, but they were telling everyone that if they did not get enough quads they would cancel it. (If one was canceled when I was in the hospital I apologize, but I dont believe any were cancelled)

mxdad
07-10-2006, 08:08 AM
Yes they did cancel a race a TMX last year. It was in August and it was the same weekend as the Atvriders Rausch Creek Ride so most of you guys were at Rausch. I think it was like 40 quads that showed up including ourselves and we were told that we could stay and do open practice or get a refund and go home. That was our last trip to TMX since we had driven over 2 hours to get there and didn't want to take that chance again.

Dupontster
07-10-2006, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by treake
For those who skipped this race for whatever reason, you missed a good one. In my opinion the track was very well layed out and flowed nicely. It was very well groomed and never got rough like in times past or dusty. Although, I was hoping for it to get a little rough just because thats what I prefer but it was excellent the way it held up. I pesonally think the jumps were awesome. The take offs and landers were excellent and they had a little bit for everyone. My favorite parts on the track were the jumps; a table, table, step down section. A double, double section in the center and an up hill step up that was a blast. You just come out of the bottom and hold it pinned in 4th or 5th (depending on how your quad was geared or modified) all the way off the jump. It was a blast. The only questionable section on the track was the down hill section before the big table top but he had to do something to slow riders down. I can honestly say it was one of the best tracks we ran this year next to VMP. There was also a nice new concrete pad and starting gate. Does this mean it's going to be this way for the next race, your guess is as good as mine but I sure hope so.

As for a D7 quad race getting canceled last year, can someone explain what race was canceled because as far as I know, there was no quad race at Tomahawk that was canceled so please someone enlighten me.

I have to agree...They treated us just fine and the track was in good shape....Brand new gate dropped like a ton of bricks...Nice concrete too....Don't know anything about what happened last year because we were up at Rausch Creek eating like a bunch of pigs with Pappy.....Treake, What's your # and what class were you in....You should have come over and said hey...

treake
07-10-2006, 09:12 AM
If the race at Tomahawk that was canceled was on the exriders day at Rausch Creek, I'm could be wrong but I don't think that was a D7 race because otherwise, I would have been there along with two other guys that was running the D7 points. I know at one time Tomahawk was trying to put together a quad series and maybe that's what it was. None the less, it doesn't make it right if you showed up to race and they didn't hold it. No matter if it was sanctioned or not.

Duponster, My number is 70 and I ran the Vet 30+ class on Saturday. I normally run B and Vet but it's a little tough to iron man it on a Saturday race without much break in between. Are you #158 or something like that in the C class. If so, I noticed you had quite a lead on those boys and girls if there were any.

Dupontster
07-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Yes, we're #158....I'll look ya up next time....

Pappy
07-10-2006, 09:21 AM
it doesn't make it right if you showed up to race and they didn't hold it. No matter if it was sanctioned or not.

I believe it has to do with insurance, if there are not enough quads in attendence (bikes too im sure) then they can not cover the cost to run the race etc.

Glad to see the boy secured another win Duponster!

Dupontster
07-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Thanks Pap....He was tickled....He had some stiff competition too....Guy just got back from Joe Byrd School and he bought one of Joes old bikes...Looked real good...He got both hole shots on Chris and Chris passed him in the first turn in the 2nd Moto....1st moto the guy got crossed up a little on a jump and Chris took advantage of it and never looked back....Very good past 2 weeks...Just hope he can hold on a little longer...Those guys aren't cuttin any slack...You'd think they are ridin for a million bucks....:D

treake
07-10-2006, 09:47 AM
I actually talked to Chad about quads coming out and riding on the big track. His response was until he can get his insurance situation taken care of, he can't have bikes and quads on the track at the same time. He said it goes back to when that quad landed on the little girl. He said that he wanted/needed to get the quads back out there because they were 50% of his business.

Pappy
07-10-2006, 09:57 AM
I can believe that quads were 50% of his business, but I dont believe anything past that:p ANY business that lost 50% of its clients would be in such bad shape that they would be doing anything they could to get that business back. Simple economics can disprove that excuse.

Quads and bikes tangle all the time at tracks all over the country, seems odd TMX would be the one singled out.

treake
07-10-2006, 11:15 AM
I don't disagree that tracks all over the country are running bikes and quads or at least figure out a way for them to run in harmony. Using the word harmony in a conversation about MX just doesn't seem right. Ha!Ha! Anyway, that's his story and he's apparently sticking to it. I told him I was going to do some research for him being in the insurance business to see what I could find out. He said if I could find out anything to let him know. So we will see.

DBF1972
07-10-2006, 07:21 PM
treake,

I appreciate you talking to Chad about the future of letting quads practice @ Tomahawk. I posted a thread or two on this issue a while back, and Chad never responded to my e-mails (or never got them). I was unable to race that weekend or even ride for that matter, but I would have liked to race.

It sounds like I missed a good one. I have been going to Breezewood & Rocket alot to practice, but would love to be able to practice again @ Tomahawk. It would be closer for us Northern VA guys. I actually live right down the road from Sean L. in Broad Run, but do not know him personally. I will look you up the next time I see you practicing or at the races. I am always looking for more guys around my age to practice / race with. I believe I race with you last year in the quad B class (I was on a white ECATV YFZ450 #45) and now on the LTR450 this year.

johnexrider
07-11-2006, 11:31 AM
I am always looking for more guys around my age to practice / race with. I believe I race with you last year in the quad B class (I was on a white ECATV YFZ450 #45) and now on the LTR450 this year.

dbf1972, did you get your ltr from loudoun motorsports? one of the guys in there has mentioned that someone in the area that races bought a new ltr this year. just wondering, i ride with treake and sean and i was just trying to put a face with the name. i am in purcellville so we are all in the local area.

the racing at tmx was great this past weekend, track was excellent and was fun to ride in the new direction. i agree that it does seem strange to have gone this long without getting insurance straightened out, but i will say too that anytime you mention ATV's to an insurance company they usually can't get away from you fast enough. by the way treake where's my policy for the quads? hahahaha Chad did seem pretty positive about getting quads back in there and opening up the main track to everyone as soon as the insurance issues were straightened out.

treake
07-11-2006, 11:36 AM
DBF1972,

I think I remember seeing a #45 at the races last year but you didn't race too much did you? I did run the B class and Vet class last year. I run the B class as well when it's not a Saturday race. Sean Ladue is a good friend of mine and I live near him as well. As a matter of fact, I live 3 houses over from his Mom and had dinner with them last night. My buddy and I go up to Breezewood quite a bit. We should all try and ride sometime.

I'm trying to find some insurance for Chad at Tomahawk but haven't had much luck. I actually find someone that did MX tracks but when I mentioned it was in W. Va, that put a stop on it. Unfortunately, W. Va. has some different insurance laws and a lot of companies don't write in W. Va but I'm still looking. I also sent the AMA an email about the situation to see if they could offer any suggestions. I haven't exhausted all the options but I'm getting close.

treake
07-11-2006, 11:39 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by johnexrider
[B] By the way treake where's my policy for the quads? hahahaha

Your a high risk but I have companies for people like you.

DBF1972
07-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Yes I did buy my LTR450 from Kirk @ Loudoun. I raced with you guys last year on my ECATV YFZ450 #45, but it was only occasionlly. You ride a 450R correct? #137? I know who you are and treake when I see you guys at the track, I just haven't come over to chat or talk with you guys. I apologize for that, this is my 2nd year of racing and I am coming off racing bike mx for years. We need to get out and practice all of us. We could probably push each other and get some good riding / racing out of it. I am actually going to Joe Byrd's school next month, so I hope that will help me. I can hit Sean's house from my house with a rock. That's how close I am to him. Funny thing is, the only reason I knew it was him because of his mailbox surname, and I saw him outside with his trailer and it had #74 on it. I put two and two together. Probably going to Breezewood this weekend, if you guys are riding.

DBF1972
07-11-2006, 11:56 AM
treake,

That was me you saw last year. I had some ok to good finishes in the quad b class, and only did 3 or 4 races at Tomahawk & Budds Creek only. We need to get out all of us and practice together. My wife and I usually go to Breezewood (most of the time), or sometimes Rocket Raceway.

I haven't been to VMP mx track yet, or Blue Diamond but would like to in the near future. I think I will be at Breezewood this Sunday for the day. I'll try to catch up with you and johnexrider later this week if you guys are riding and formulate a plan.

treake
07-11-2006, 12:24 PM
DBF1972,

If you see Sean outside, you should go over and introduce yourself. I was over there on Sunday and we all cooked on the grill. What side of him do you live on? I live on a road off of Georgetown Road. I thought I remembered you had some pretty good finishes. We definitely should get out and practice sometime. It's always good to push each other. I'm not sure what our riding plans are for this weekend but we may be up for Breezewood on Sunday. We also have a practice track in Front Royal that we ride at from time to time. The only problem is it gets dusty but it's a fun track. Has some good jumps. I've never been to Blue Diamond but VMP is a good track. It's a little tight but it's fun. That's where the next race is on Aug 5th. We could have our selves a convoy.

treake
07-11-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm jealous your going to the Joe Byrd riding school. I've been wanting to give that a try.

johnexrider
07-11-2006, 02:12 PM
dbf 1972, i talk with ben and matt at lms quite a bit during the week, ben has asked a couple of times if i knew who you were, i guess now i do. i ride #737 it's a white 450r this year, i think treake and i were thinking of going to breezewood this weekend too, just not sure on the day yet. we'll have to see how it goes towards the end of the week maybe we can meet up at breezewood sunday.

DBF1972
07-11-2006, 04:02 PM
treake,

Yeah...I hate to just drive up his driveway when he is outside and introduce myself, I thought about it, but wasn't sure if he was going to be ok with that. I live off Rt.600 on Pilgrims Rest Road, just before Sean's house on the right if you were coming from Rt.29 (past his house on the left from Rt.55) I know Georgetown Rd., we live very close, all of us. Going to Joe Byrd's on 8-19-06 & 8-20-06, that should help me a lot. You guys should go!

johnexrider,

I also talk to Ben & Matt @ Loudoun during the week. The LTR is in there now getting a full Hinson clutch, should be awesome.

Good chatting with you guys...I will get with you guys later this week.

DBF1972
07-14-2006, 07:55 PM
treake & johnexrider,

I will be at Breezewood on Sunday practicing. Hope to see you guys there if you can make it.

treake,

Let me know the next time you go to VMP to practice. I would like to ride there once before the race next month. I think I'll go and race with you guys down there in early August.

Thanks...

treake
07-17-2006, 07:07 AM
treake & johnexrider,

I will be at Breezewood on Sunday practicing. Hope to see you guys there if you can make it.

treake,

Let me know the next time you go to VMP to practice. I would like to ride there once before the race next month. I think I'll go and race with you guys down there in early August.

Thanks...

DBF1972,

We ended up riding at our practice track in Front Royal for a little while on Saturday until a storm came through and Sean had some mechanical difficulties. None of us were really into it and I was a little run down from water skiing all day Friday. I'm planning on going to Breezewood one day this weekend to put in some good laps. You should definitely come down to VMP for the race. I don't know that we will be going there to practice before the race in August. The track is pretty easy to learn and they always have a paid organized practice from 8:30 to 1pm the day of the race and then they have the practice right before the race. It's a fun track.

pgregg85
07-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Treake count me in for some riding this weekend.

DBF1972
07-17-2006, 03:52 PM
treake,

No problem about this past weekend, went to Breezewood on Sunday and got some good riding in. Count me in for the August race @ VMP. I want to check that out for sure. If they have practice for that long before the moto's, I get the hang of the layout like you mentioned. I take it the quad races are in the afternoon? I will check back with you guys later this week, and figure out which day you are all going to Breezewood on. Talk to you later, have a good week.

Thanks...

Dupontster
07-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by pgregg85
Treake count me in for some riding this weekend.

Paul, I heard that you sold your bike....Did Kyle buy it? If so what is your new ride? If he did buy it, I am looking forward to seeing him on it...He has been giving JT a fit the last couple of weeks....

pgregg85
07-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Dupontster
Paul, I heard that you sold your bike....Did Kyle buy it? If so what is your new ride? If he did buy it, I am looking forward to seeing him on it...He has been giving JT a fit the last couple of weeks....

I still have both of them. Kyle is moving to Arizona for school so he was unable to buy the yfz. It would be a great bike for you. Just put your number on it and race. It is posted in the for sale section.

Dupontster
07-18-2006, 02:44 AM
Loved to have had it...but I just bought one that we're going to redo this winter...Didn't even know it was for sale until last weekend...

johnexrider
07-18-2006, 02:30 PM
pgregg85, what did you think about that crf that i was interested in? that's assuming that treake sent the pictures along to you, one never knows with him. haha see you this weekend, riding already huh?

johnexrider
07-21-2006, 11:22 AM
dbf1972, looks like there will be a few of us heading to breezewood tomorrow if your interested. if your able to make it tomorrow i guess we will see you up there. look for a blue dodge and black haulmark trailer.

DBF1972
07-21-2006, 06:14 PM
johnexrider & treake,

Sorry guys...I will be up there on Sunday this weekend and not Saturday. I apologize for missing you, it looked like the weather was going to be better on Sunday, so the wife and I made some plans tomorrow. I'll meet up with you guys soon enough.

Thanks...

DBF1972
07-22-2006, 07:42 PM
johnexrider & treake,

Good to finally "formally" meet you guys. I glas I was able to ride today, and change the plans with the wife to Sunday. I'm glad I did, we got some good practice in. I will catch up with you guys later.

Bruce
#45 LTR-450

johnexrider
07-25-2006, 04:44 AM
hey bruce, good to meet you too. we will have to get some laps together the next time we catch up, seemed like we were never out on the track at the same time. probably heading that direction again this weekend not sure what day though. talk to ya. john

treake
07-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Bruce,

It was good to meet you. Like John said, next time, maybe we can get some laps in at the same time. It looks like Sunday will be the day because I have flag football practice on Saturday. I think even Mr Ladue is going to try and make an appearance.

DBF1972
07-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Darin & John,

Yeah it seemed like we were on different riding "times" or something on Saturday. Sorry about that. I was riding a lot with my friend Mike, and we did a lot of riding on the opposite track most of the day. I like to ride the front track a lot at Breezewood. I ride that track the most, but ride the back SX type track also when I'm there sometimes. It's just my personal preference.

I'm glad to have been able to meet you guys and have more people to ride with that I can learn from, get faster riding with, etc. I will try to make it this weekend if you guys are going on Sunday. My in-laws are in town this Friday for a week, so I'm not sure yet what on the agenda with the wife. Talk to you guys at the end of the week.

Bruce

treake
07-27-2006, 07:46 AM
Come on now Bruce. Don't let the in laws keep you from riding. Ha!Ha! Hopefully we will see you there.

DBF1972
07-27-2006, 06:47 PM
I'd better not comment on this, in case my wife is reading this forum while I'm at work tomorrow....lol

I'll meet up with you guys again soon, I promise. I am going to be able to ride on Saturday this weekend though. I would like to talk to you a little more on the Fox Shocks you have on your 450R's. I am probably leaning towards them, possibly next year. Talk to you later.

Delaware152
07-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Come on now Bruce. Don't let the in laws keep you from riding. Ha!Ha! Hopefully we will see you there.

That's a bold statement for somebody that's not married. lol I will see you guys next weekend. I actually have a practice bike again...that hopefully runs.