PDA

View Full Version : s10 zr2

ny300exrider
07-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Anybody have any comments they would like to make on the Chevy s10 zr2 pickups? I searched but didn’t find much. I’m going to be in the market for a truck next year and i’m trying to get it sorted out ahead of time. I’m having a hard time switching back and forth between the zr2 and the z71. The z71 obviously would have more room, and more power, but it would kill me on gas. However, the v6 s10 would be smaller, less powerful, but more fuel efficient which would be a big time help. I hear the z71 gets around 15-17 miles to the gallon, what would I be looking at if I went the s10 route? I doubt I would be doing anything too hardcore with the truck. The most I can think of is pulling a small landscape trailer loaded with a mower or two, or having a quad in the back.

With the zr2 extended cab, I see that it’s not a full back seat in the back, but a flip out seat from the side. Is the seat even useable for a grown person to sit without feeling too uncomfortable?

Thanks

Rico400
07-03-2006, 04:30 PM
not sure if ur looking for a smaller truck or what.

But we just bought a new 4-door F-150 and it does like 15 intown and 18-20 highway depending on how u drive. Which i think is pretty good for a full size truck with 4 full doors.

On those two i say get which ever one does better MGP since ur not really pulling much and gas prices are thew the roof.

Jblazin98
07-03-2006, 05:56 PM
You might want to check out www.zr2usa.com

There you will find alot of info ZR2 related...

But as far as gas mileage you will get about the same (16-19) depending on your mods such as air filter, exhaust, so on...

I have a ZR2 blazer and love it, they are great trucks and look nice with the lift and oversize tires...

clutt225
07-03-2006, 06:47 PM
I had a zr2 back in 96 it was a 94 the first year for the zr2. I loved the truck but I do have to say the milage was almost the same as my dads z71.

ny300exrider
07-03-2006, 09:09 PM
thanks alot for the quick responses. i really didnt expect the gas mileages to be so similiar, this makes my decision much easier. with the info i just learned i have decided that the z71 is definitly the way to go for me. the extra power and space would be a big benifit, and i would be able to start helping my dad with his snowplowing accounts in the winter.

i promise this is the last truck thread i make...the next one will be pics of my z71:blah:

ak_stick
07-04-2006, 01:35 AM
You'll get about the same mileage with a ZR2 as a Z71.

I have the GMC version, the highrider, and I get right at 15-18 depending on tires, and how I drive it. It'll pull down 20's to 25 mpg if your crusing on the highway though.

Mxjunkie
07-04-2006, 07:34 AM
Best trucks out there in the small truck class imo! We've owned 2 and we are looking at another :p

NorCalRacer
07-04-2006, 08:15 AM
No contest, full size trucks are twice as useful as their pint sized counterparts:D You can carry more, tow more with more cab room and more ground clearance for around the same in gas and insurance.