PDA

View Full Version : gearbox and baffle question

irish raptor
07-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Is it ok to take the baffle out of my standard exhaust and will it sound better? Also i just had my tranny fixed cos second gear went on it and i was just wonderin is it loikely to break again, and are there any simple things i can do to be nicer to my tranny

MadDog56
07-03-2006, 12:04 PM
If you replaced your tranny parts with more parts from 01 then yes it will fail again very soon. If it's 02 and up, either your bike or the parts used to fix it, you should be ok.

Tips for tranny health:

Use the clutch
Don't transport in gear
Avoid using reverse
Do not start in gear (works for one-way health too)
Protect shifter from external forces (nerf bars help)

Blue_Streak23
07-04-2006, 08:37 AM
taking oiut the baffle gives you a little more power. As far as sounding better, it makes it louder. But many say it sounds bad because it back fires sometimes when you slow down. Personally, I think it sounds a little better, i I did it to mine.

wolffie
07-04-2006, 11:46 AM
you really dont accomplish anything with takin the baffles out because barely any performance is gained.

the cheapest way to pick up quick HP is to remove the lid on the airbox and rejet from there. buyin an aftermarket intake will probably pick up half a horsepower as well.

Blue_Streak23
07-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Taking out the baffle does give a little better trottle response. Which you can feel in the acceleration.