PDA

View Full Version : need some help

alexp315
07-03-2006, 10:20 AM
alright i just got a 2003 400ex. im saving up money to get a pipe,jet kit, air filter and a rev box. i heard from a few people there is a few other things that i can do to make it rip. i ride woods often but then again i also ride the roads alot which are wide open so ive got it in 5th to the bar quite a bit. so far it seems pretty torquey but i need more top end. so if any one has any suggestions to what pipe i should go with, what rev box and what filter and jet kit system id really appreciate it. and if they have any other suggestions for quick easy or some what cheap mods i could do that would be awesome as well. please keep in mind im only 15 so im on a budget some what
thanks very much for taking the time to read my post

Choppers
07-03-2006, 10:56 AM
if you want top end you can up your sprocket sizes which isn't to expensive.

†2005 400ex†
07-03-2006, 10:57 AM
for the airfilter id go with UNI because i heard that k&n let a hole bunch o S*** in.Cant really help you too much on the other stuff because im in the process of the same thing on mine:)

sixer3
07-03-2006, 11:00 AM
go with a sparks or hmf full-system or hmf slip-on if you dont have the cash, the hmf will help in the woods and the road, if you can, jet with no airbox lid it would help on top, but you may ride in mud and stufff, so i dont know

ITSTOCK
07-03-2006, 11:22 AM
If you are on a budget...

HMF SLip-on and Jet Kit
Twin air/uni/any brand foam air filter
(C&D racing)

SKIP THE REV BOX!

I have the hmf slip and jet kit, and the twin air filter. I bought it bonestock, and these little things made a HUGE difference. I was skeptical of the difference, but in the trails, and on the hills, you can most definately feel a HUGE noticable difference. If you read around (not just on this board), the rev box will do nothing for a stock internal/slip on only 400. SKIP IT, save your money. They aren't worth it (yet). The same thing goes for the FULL exhaust systems. You aren't going to see a noticable difference on a slip-on only to a full exhaust setup on the stock motored 400ex.

Also, if you are doing mostly woods/trail riding, if you want to have a little more fun, adjust the front suspension. I just softened up my front shocks 1 down from the stiffest setting, and what a difference it made in the trails. It definately makes it more fun with a better set up suspension (although I will be going all aftermarket soon anyway).

Good luck, and make sure you read up on EVERYTHING and anything you plan on doing.