PDA

View Full Version : 2006 blowing fuses??

andy roth
07-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Help, anyone had this problem? It only blows fuses after a 20 or 30 minutes of riding? I have pulled the plastic and tank to check for some ground problem but no luck. I unhooked my killswitch completely. I unhooked the fan and it still blows fuses. It still runs after the fuse is blown but my neutral light and temp light doesnt work,and the magic button fails. The only thing I did before it started blowing fuses was I rotated my headlight/starter switch. It was stuck to the bars and I took it off and looked at it also. Help!!!!

tltcracing
07-04-2006, 09:29 AM
can you re start it after the fuse blows?

QuadRacer041
07-04-2006, 02:59 PM
ive own my 06 since october of 05 and this just happened to me for the first time last weekend at the WISP gncc. Once i got home I found out it was the fuse and replaced it and bike started right back up. I have run my bike for 2+ hours straight many times and never had this problem until last week. i had not change anything or do anything differnt before this race so I am at a loss as to why it happened. The only thing I can think of is I stalled it a few time and kept cranking it for longer then 5 seconds every time to get it started back up. So maybe something got hot from cranking so long. I havent had a chance to practice with it yet to see if it does it again. Some told me to check my starter switch and make sure it was clean inside there. Hopefully it was a one time thing. But if anyone else has any imput please speak up.
And no it will not refire with the e start if you blow the fuse.

spincr4hire
07-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Probably getting water in somewhere, check all your connections. I had this problem for a week or so, and I went thru all the wiring and made sure all connections were dry and had a dab of di-electric grease on them. Haven't blown any fuses since. (knock on wood) :p

07-07-2006, 10:02 AM
this is another reason why i love kickers.