PDA

View Full Version : Sparks advanced timing key for the 400ex, what eactly does it do and is it worth it??

400exBro
08-16-2002, 03:32 PM
i have seen a sparks advance timing key for sell at splash and dirt and was wondering what exactly is the point of adding the key to the fly wheel (if it even goes there)????

does it add low end power, mid or top???

is it worth it ???
blah blah should i get it for mx ?
thnxs for the help
Bro

DESDAK4
08-16-2002, 03:56 PM
It will advance you timong 6 degrees, as how much gains you really get I am not sure for I did it at the same time as everything else. It is suposed to give some power everywhere.
Jay

oynot400
08-16-2002, 04:38 PM
It is suppose to help a stock motor, in starting and all through the power band. So I am told. :rolleyes: I installed one on the neighbors stock machine. It did help the starting and it seem to have a little more pep. Sparks does not recommend it for a big bore motor. It does go on the fly wheel and end of the crank shaft. It is real easy to change. I would say it is worth the $20.

JhallettEX
08-16-2002, 06:49 PM
C&D racing also carries these and they tend to run a little cheaper with them. I have one but am just waiting to install it so I can Have Coby at C&D lighten my flywheel at the same time. Hopefully I will get it done before Roost Fest at Little Sahara.

400exBro
08-17-2002, 07:22 PM
JhallettEX how do i feel that you are sponsered by them????
you always seem to ponit to them, not that i am putting you down, i would do the same if I GOT sponsers but i have yet to hear from one, i would try to promot them as do you,

i just find that funny because you can almost excpect that you will say call toby at c&d racing.....
don't get me wrong here

:rolleyes:
lata
Bro

Black400
08-17-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by JhallettEX
C&D racing also carries these and they tend to run a little cheaper with them. I have one but am just waiting to install it so I can Have Coby at C&D lighten my flywheel at the same time. Hopefully I will get it done before Roost Fest at Little Sahara.

What is roostfest? when is it? please replie i only live about 3 hours away if your talking bout little sahara Oklahoma:huh :devil

hawiianpwr
08-18-2002, 09:29 AM
Hey, I put the sparks timing key on my 400ex. It goes work, its more responsive. I would recommend it and you cant go wrong for 20 bucks.

400exBro
08-19-2002, 07:52 AM
is it still reliable as before???

thnxs
Bro

JhallettEX
08-19-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by 400exBro
JhallettEX how do i feel that you are sponsered by them????
you always seem to ponit to them, not that i am putting you down, i would do the same if I GOT sponsers but i have yet to hear from one, i would try to promot them as do you,

i just find that funny because you can almost excpect that you will say call toby at c&d racing.....
don't get me wrong here

:rolleyes:
lata
Bro

Bro, Are you and 440ex4me related by chance?

I am not "Sponsored" by C&D Racing, I do not work for C&D Racing. I am only a customer and a friend, along with a handfull of other exrider members. I push them and there bussiness because I want you all to get the best deals, and thats what they offer, dont believe me, then shop around and you will see. Also you will never find any customer service better than what they offer. Have to ever had a mechanic travel 250 miles to fix your quad for you. Colby and Dusty both drove down to Lincoln just to install my clutch for me becuase I was having problems. If that is not good customer service then I dont know what is. Have a good day now, OK.

Dave400ex
08-19-2002, 09:19 AM
Holy crap they drove 250 Miles just to put in your Clutch? Now that is Service.

400exBro
08-19-2002, 10:20 AM
no no we are not related....

250 miles just for a clutch, damn that is the best service i have ever heard of, most people we tell you bring your quad to their shop so it takes longer got to pay more and you don't know what they are doing to it.....
i think i am going to check them out and see what deals they can give me...
thanks for the info on c&d
Bro

hawiianpwr
08-19-2002, 02:59 PM
Yeah, your really not hurting anything just benefiting from it especially if you have simple mods, like the exhaust, jetting, k&n.