PDA

View Full Version : Bolt

Scott-300ex
07-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Ok so I went threw my whole 250r this week to get it ready for the next ride, cleaned it, every inch, went threw and made sure all the bolts were tight, since I just bought it a couple months ago and checked everything. Kind of like a winter go threw.

Well, I found that my bottom motor mount bolt is Gone:eek: So I was just ganna throw a Grade 8 bolt in there cuz it'll be really strong, but my dad said I need to go get the bolt from Honda(Which I tried already but they couldn't find the bolt on the computer). So will a Grade 8 bolt do or should I go to the other honda shop and ask them if they can get it?

GPracer2500
07-02-2006, 05:05 PM
If it's the one I think it is...Part number 96400-10140-00....BOLT, FLG (10X140). The nut is 94050-10000....Nut, Flange, 10mm. The 10x140 are the dimensions in mm.

I'm not sure why any high grade bolt wouldn't work though. BTW, if I can find that info in 90 seconds while sitting at my desk then I'm guessing your Honda parts dealer must be incompetent. :p

Scott-300ex
07-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Sweet man your good thanks.

So I go to check the torque on the head bolts and cylinder bolts and the one head bolt was loose. I'm like oh hell so I tighten it and it will only get snug it won't get tight so I take the nut off and the dowell rod is loose and wiggles side to side and moves up and down a little bit. So I go to pull it out and it won't come out, I pulled up and loosened it and it still won't so I'm thinkin I might have to take off the plastics and gas tank and take the head off and get it out.

Would I need to buy new gaskets? Or does it have O-rings on it instead?

And I can't get to the back bolt on the left side with anything, socket or wrench. Prolly have to take the gas tank off for that.

Thanks

250R4EVR
07-03-2006, 11:02 PM
still need that bolt ? i just happen to have one laying around in my "mystery box" lemmie know what retail is and you can have it for half that and i ship for free Lol

TheFontMaster
07-03-2006, 11:52 PM
A grade 8 bolt will work, just make shure to get the right size.

Scott-300ex
07-05-2006, 02:14 PM
So I go to Rural King to get a 7/16 bolt, washer and nut, they don't have a 6 incher, all they got is 4 and that is to short so I guess I'll go to the lumber yards which they prolly don't have grade 8 but we'll see.

And I still don't know wut to do about my head bolt stud, how to get that out of there.

TheFontMaster
07-05-2006, 03:07 PM
If nothing turns up at the lumber yard, I might have an extra bolt from my stainless bolt kit here. If I do I can throw it in an envelope and send it your way.

Scott-300ex
07-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Well thank you thats very nice of you, I found one today at a lawn mower and stihl shop. And I got it in and real tight.

I am gettin that damn head stud out tonite or I'm ganna kill myself. I'm goin to the Honda shop tomorrow to get my other parts so I'll make it all in one trip.

Later