PDA

View Full Version : recall ?

PYCHOPATHIC KFX
07-02-2006, 04:48 PM
When they do the recall on the mag. cover do they take off the the hole side cover or is it just the waterpump?

crazycd1
07-02-2006, 06:36 PM
The entire cover, gasket, oil and filter I think!

Byte
07-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by crazycd1
The entire cover, gasket, oil and filter I think!

The cover corrodes not the water pump cover. You are correct.

PYCHOPATHIC KFX
07-03-2006, 06:05 AM
The reason im asking is because after picking up my quad from the dealer for the recall i noticed oil leaking from the side case. Im going to bring it back, but they dont open till wensday because of the holiday.

Byte
07-03-2006, 06:32 AM
The clutch cover covers the clutch basket and the oil sump for the gears. The water pump is mounted on the cover. So when they took it off it drains the oil and the antifreeze. They have to refill these things (they make it sound like a good deal in the recall).

It should be called a case cover more than a clutch cover. O well.

Looks like they tweeked the cover gasket or didn't tighten a drain plug good enough.

PYCHOPATHIC KFX
07-03-2006, 04:22 PM
i checked it all out and its deffinitley the gasket

airborne1
07-06-2006, 10:27 PM
ATV Dealer Service Techs are freckin idiots. I've dealt with my fair share of them and they always do crappy work. This last go around they changed the cover under the recall and decided to not change my oil, filter OR coolant. I drop it off with everything topped off and when I get it back, the oil is barely even readable at the bottom of the stick and the coolant is below the L mark. Too bad they just didn't give me the part to do it myself. On a positive note, it doesn't leak.....yet. :ermm:

At least they DID a recall, at least someone at Zuki was thinkin. :D

rockman
07-09-2006, 09:53 PM
i just had mine done last week. I used to work at the dealership so the guy who did it was a friend of mine.. the kit comes with completely new parts.. gaskets, seals, check valves, all sorts of things.. when their done basically everything on that side of the motor is new

kfx400isdashiz
07-09-2006, 10:10 PM
they charged me 200 freakin dollars tochange tires i walked in and took my tires and let 20 dollars on a work bench i also go in there to aks abotu parts and stuff, they send me to a guy ona computer lookin at the sme parts diagram i can get on my own computer also they said a blaster couldnt be fixed i paid to the guy 200 for the bike whole rebored it and wow holy siht it worked so dont listen to thoes ****ers

jester125
07-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Will they change the oil and/or filter with the recall? I was gonna change my oil this week and drop it off to the dealer for the recall the following week.

Chris

rockman
07-10-2006, 11:07 AM
well since they have to drain the oil to get the cover off.. yes they change the oil and filter.. I'm not saying that in any condescending way, i had to ask myself to make sure they were puting new filters in.. they also put in new coolant of course

jester125
07-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Cool, thanks
now all I need is a valve adjust for my 10 hr service.
Chris

rockman
07-10-2006, 11:37 AM
you might just check them yourself.. 99% of the time valves are good the first service.. its the second one that they usually need adjusted.. i used to work at a kawi dealership and this is what i have noticed from experiance

airborne1
07-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by jester125
Will they change the oil and/or filter with the recall? I was gonna change my oil this week and drop it off to the dealer for the recall the following week.

Chris

Just make sure you check your fuild levels and bolts before you head out on the trails. Like I said above, you never know what kind of stuff they will be trying to pull (or forget). Remember that this is a dry sump system so there is only a 1/4 of a quart or so in the bottom of the engine. It is very easy for them to drain it, replace the part and not top it off (since most of the oil is in the oil tank in the front of the bike), just an FYI. Good Luck and hopefully you have a more professional shop around you than I do, hehe :D