PDA

View Full Version : My 96 new to me banshee!!

adam4by4
07-02-2006, 02:48 PM
got for $2200 Its been ridden by the original owner and he said he maybe put 6-8 tanks of fuel in her. A year or two ago he couldnt get it to start so he bought an aftermarket adjustable cdi box and new coil only to find out it was the stator that went bad. It has only been ridden once since the new stator and he gave me the cdi box and coil with it as well as a clymer manual!

My plans include Pt mid pipes, or possibly toomey t5s

Pro peg nerfs, scott steering damper, holeshots poss razr2s all around. then eventually +2+1 a arms and ohlins or elkas. and a +2 rear axle

Im mostly into trail riding with the occasional dune trip. I ride with a heavy modded 250r, a bored stoked blaster.

I already pulled off the stock stickers and shes looking showroom new but these pics are from the day I got it!

bansheexcracer2
07-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Thats exactley how much i paid for my 96. I have it set up for XCracing now.

PowerJunkie
07-08-2006, 01:30 PM
have fun with her

banshee84
07-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Buy some douglass rims 2+3 in the front and 3+4 in the back. It will make it 2" wider and will handler way better

Toadz400
07-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by banshee84
Buy some douglass rims 2+3 in the front and 3+4 in the back. It will make it 2" wider and will handler way better

It'd be better to get wider a-arms and axles if he wants to make it wider, it'll handle much better than different offset wheels. Much less feedback through the front end that way. I'd also invest in a steering stabilizer, pipes and silencers and a different intake.

400exrider707
07-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by banshee84

It will handle worse. Might not tip as easy but handle worse.

xlastshotx
07-21-2006, 10:03 AM
It will handle worse. Might not tip as easy but handle worse.

I don't know about handle worse... I just put on 2+1 A-Arms and a +2 axle on mine.. It doesn't turn as tight as it did (although its barely noticeable), but the ride and overall stability is much much better. It defiantly handles a lot better at speed though. It doesn't really feel like it mite tip over when you take sharp turns real fast. It is a very worthwhile upgrade.

Also.. I thought the gold colored rims only came on the 87's..

adam4by4
07-23-2006, 01:14 AM
Nope alot of years had the gold . I hate them but new rims and holeshots are in order.

Toadz400
07-23-2006, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by xlastshotx
I don't know about handle worse... I just put on 2+1 A-Arms and a +2 axle on mine.. It doesn't turn as tight as it did (although its barely noticeable), but the ride and overall stability is much much better. It defiantly handles a lot better at speed though. It doesn't really feel like it mite tip over when you take sharp turns real fast. It is a very worthwhile upgrade.

Also.. I thought the gold colored rims only came on the 87's..

He was talking about it'll handle worse with a wider offset rim. You get a lot more feedback through the front end using those rims so it's better to go with wider a-arms instead. It may be the cheaper route to go with the wide offset, but it's not the best.