PDA

View Full Version : 5.0 build

2001300exguy
07-02-2006, 02:16 PM
i am probably going to be build a fox body5.0 in the near future after i sell my bike and find the right car. do you guys have any tip or cheap tricks i can use when i get it, im looking for possible 12s and still very streetable with just a tire swap maybe.
thanks

450robot
07-02-2006, 02:36 PM
go and buy the magazine

muscle mustangs: and other fast fords

its huge, and has a ton of info

i myself love the foxbodys and 5.0s

id like to build one someday too

cosborne
07-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Look at websites and forums like corral.net. Talk to guys on there they will give you good pointers. To bad you weren't a little closer to Indiana, my brother is selling his '89 coupe. He started building it up to be a drag but just kinda stop doesn't have all the parts, started scraping it and selling performance stuff.

jrspawn
07-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Hey, i own and have built quite a few fox body's. The cheapest bang for the buck is gonna be a smaller kit nitrous setup, either ZEX or NOS would be a good cheap kit. And dont let people tell you that its gonna smoke your engine quickly. A properly installed and adjusted kit is a very reliable and pretty safe setup. If your looking for any parts just let me know, its what my family does, Mustangs. MY wifes uncle is a two time fun ford and NMRA street renegade class champion, and crew chiefs and builds a handfull of the classes engines/cars. Its amazing what they are doing nowday, low 8 sec. passes out of a small block with 10.5 "street style" tires.:eek2:

Justin

BossmanEX
07-03-2006, 12:14 AM
www.moddedmustangs.com Check it out. Lots of good guys there that know thier stuff and could give you a lot of the answers you are looking for. :D

red2004 TRX450R
07-03-2006, 11:02 AM
get one with a cobra engine. they have forged crank and pistons.
I think, im a Chevy man.

then get good heads, intake, cam, carb, headers, msd digital 6, and a nos cheater system, 4.11 gears.

spend the money and get good heads that is where you get the most power!!!!

ilpadrino113
07-06-2006, 09:36 PM
ya you're gonna need a forged crank and pistons to get those kind of numbers. I would definitely look for a 5 speed cuz u can get better numbers unless u spend a lot on a really well built auto tranny. it's easier to convert a manual to an automatic than an auto to a stick if u change you're mind later on.