PDA

View Full Version : cutting out/hesitaing ...... please help!

nowukno
07-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Im starting to get so frustrated with my quad , maybe its jetting or maybe its something else. Im off from work tuesday for the 4th of july so im taking the day to fix it. Anyways , majority of the time i hammer down my quad in any gear it will bog/cut out/hesitate (kinda sounds like its gagging) for just a second then come on strong. But its very annoying! Also it seems like im hitting the rev limiter way too fast. Almost like a fake rev limiter. And sometimes it will pop on decel. Im open to any suggestions. Im running all keihn jets , 180 main , 50 pilot & 2 1/2 turns out on the air/fuel mix screw. My mods are in my sig.

d3ktrix
07-02-2006, 03:13 PM
What needle and clip position are u running?

nowukno
07-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Im running stock needle position , im gonna move it to the 4th clip (is that correct) on tuesday but will it really make that big a difference?

honduh440
07-02-2006, 03:30 PM
im running the same mods as you but a different pipe. i have a 180 main and stock pilot with 2 1/2 turns. i clean my filter after every ride but if i dont next time i ride it will start poppin on the de accel.

you can also pull your plug and see where your at. their is a chart in the technical section on the main page somewehre

trick250r
07-02-2006, 03:55 PM
the air/fuel mixtuire isn't right. its got something to do with your jetting. i'd say you're getting too much fuel in it. but thats just my guess.

MD450r
07-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Have you had the carb apart to check for any clogged jets or water in the bottom of the bowl or bowl cap?

Is the fuel flow from the fuel tank to the carb good? Probably not as likely since you say it picks back up in the upper rpm.

Is the accelerator pump working properly?

These are some of the things that I can think of to look for first, if not let us know.

Aaron

watts16
07-03-2006, 02:47 PM
are you running fuel with 10% or 15% ethanol in it (not the e-85 stuff)? It was doing that to mine when I was running it in mine after it sat for a while.

Jonas
07-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by nowukno
Im starting to get so frustrated with my quad , maybe its jetting or maybe its something else. Im off from work tuesday for the 4th of july so im taking the day to fix it. Anyways , majority of the time i hammer down my quad in any gear it will bog/cut out/hesitate (kinda sounds like its gagging) for just a second then come on strong. But its very annoying! Also it seems like im hitting the rev limiter way too fast. Almost like a fake rev limiter. And sometimes it will pop on decel. Im open to any suggestions. Im running all keihn jets , 180 main , 50 pilot & 2 1/2 turns out on the air/fuel mix screw. My mods are in my sig.

It's not just annoying, it may be very bad for your quad over some time. Don't run it again until you have adjusted your jetting. As far as the hesitation to rev up when you initially roll the throttle and then it's strong when you get to higher RPM's. This sounds like your needle to a T. You may just be hitting the rev limiter easier because of your mods. If the motor is pulling strong when you are at wide open throttle then your main is probably fairly close.