PDA

View Full Version : Elka shock ?

exrider008
07-02-2006, 08:39 AM
i have elka front shocks and they have felt really bouncy lately. my friend has an rm 125 and on top of his forks ther is a vavle to let built up air out of the shock. on the bottom of my rezes there is a valve (looks lake a valve that you blow up a tire with) is that valve to let built up air out or is it for something else?
also is there things that i should be doing to my elkas like matince.

450robot
07-02-2006, 10:37 AM
no, they dont build up air, and that valve holds in your nitrogen in the shock, if you let it out, you shock will go limp

you might have a seal leak, or something

i would call elka

Mxjunkie
07-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by exrider008
i have elka front shocks and they have felt really bouncy lately. my friend has an rm 125 and on top of his forks ther is a vavle to let built up air out of the shock. .

That screw opens and closes a valve for the fork oil to go thru.. aka soft/hard adjustmment :p

exrider008
07-02-2006, 11:11 AM
no.thats no the valve i talking about...but now that u say that i think that i put it on hard.

440racer66
07-02-2006, 06:38 PM
send em of to santo at derisi racing or call him he will answer all your questions www.derisiracing.com

MXracer16
07-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
no.thats no the valve i talking about...but now that u say that i think that i put it on hard.

You really should find out about your shocks BEFORE you get them. What kind of adjustments do you have? If you have rebound, slow that down a little bit. If you only have compression, soften it up or take some preload off the shocks.