PDA

View Full Version : flattrack rules

myfast400
07-01-2006, 10:45 PM
i need flattrack rules. me and a couple buddys are trying to start flattrack for atvs. we talked to the track owner tonight and he said that if we get 8 or 10 or more together he is going to let us run after the cars. so i need some rules to go by. thank you if u can find some for me. if your close to western oklahoma come race. ill post a date later.

thanks bye

x.system
07-01-2006, 11:14 PM
With that small of a class you are going to have to run all size quads together. We do the same, blasters to raptors. We do a rolling start just like the cars do, the leader sets the pace and you go when the flag drops. Kill switches, nerfs, boots, gloves, goggles, chest protectors should be standard equipment. With a class of 10 you could run two heats of 5 and have the top 2 or 3 from each heat draw numbers for position in the main. You could also run all 10 together in a heat race and have the top 4 draw numbers for position for the main, it just depends how much time he wants to spend on the quad class. If its under 10 quads we run them all together for a heat and the top 4 draw for position.

The best thing you can do is get everyone you know to go out and race every time they will let you, it will catch on if you keep at it and your quad class will grow. If it gets big enuff you can seperate the quads into different classes.

We just started a class this year and we've seen anywhere from 8 to 30+ quads show up and every week we have new guys showing up to try it.

LT80
07-02-2006, 08:39 AM
ATVAonline.com for rules.

We start in a line. They blip the green light and we're off.

How ya get a holeshot with a rolling start? :) hehe

x.system
07-02-2006, 08:57 AM
I should have clearified that, we start 2 x 2 so even if your in the second or third row you can get the holeshot. We have to wait till the flag drops before we can go full tilt or pass anyone. We get into formation in turn one and follow through till we get into turn 4 where we can see the flag man. As soon as the flag drops you can go from 4th to 1st pretty easyly or vise versa. Rolling starts are not my thing but I'm getting used to them. I also think it makes the race a little more fair if your running all the different sized quads together.

LT80
07-03-2006, 07:05 AM
cool.:)