PDA

View Full Version : got a problem with a banshee!

redracing88
07-01-2006, 07:39 PM
i picked it up friday night got it home took it for a short ride ran fine. i went to put my moose throttle on it and cut the safty wires to the stock throttle and then tied them together like i did my blaster. i started it up and it ran fine. so then i was monkeying around with other stuff go to start it up like 15 mins later no spark. well i hit the cdi in the back a few times and it fired up. then it would run shut off after like 5 mins run shut off now theres nothing no spark or anything. could someone help me out here?

'02 Banshee
07-13-2006, 10:30 PM
i just unplugged mine u dont have to tie the ends together but the whole cdi thing might be a whole different problem

bansheexcracer2
07-13-2006, 10:36 PM
on mine and a couple others i know the keys switches went bad. Try all else befor replacing the cdi. it is about 500 for a stock on or 350 for a aftermarket.

'02 Banshee
07-13-2006, 10:39 PM
yeah i didnt think of that right away...on that most ppl just delete the keyswitch....you do have the tie ends together on that.....there are 4 wires and two tie into each other...along witht the other two....not sure on the colors though

bansheexcracer2
07-13-2006, 11:11 PM
The solid black one to the red with black strip one. I didnt hook up the other 2.