PDA

View Full Version : Casesaver Help

Castor-426ex
08-16-2002, 10:49 AM
ok this is really starting to tick me off..
today i was attempting to put on a nacs case saver for my 400
so i didnt think it would be that big of a deal...so i go out there and spray some liquid wrench on the bolts so they come out easy.....after a while I come back out and commence the disassembly...
well the bottom bolt came out easy....but the top bolt was a whole diff story...it came out but with a lot of touch and go...
well i got the stock saver off and go to put the nacs on it and the bottom bolt is too short??? wtf... no bolts came with the saver..are they supposed to?
so then i tried to put the top bolt in...it goes all the way in untill the end just before it tightens and snap!! broke....

this is about the 5th bolt that has broken on my quad..it appears that they are made out something cheaper than pot metal...

so what to do now? that top hole where the bolt is broke...should I attempt to get the bolt out by drilling it?
or just take it to a machine shop...im afraid if I drill too far...ill go too far in my case...

any suggestions appreciated

Castor-426ex
08-16-2002, 11:05 AM
cmon

08-16-2002, 02:25 PM
Get an EZ out and try that...sorry but that's the only thing I can think of..:(

honda400exrider
08-16-2002, 02:31 PM
is the snapped bolt in real tight??? i snapped the bolt that holds in the oil filter in my bros old ex and it was like 100 bucks. if its not in real tight, i would take a dremel and shave a notch into it (so that a screwdriver would fit in) and then screw it out, but i wouldnt do this if it was in real tight. u dont wanna f*ck nething up nemore than it is allready.

Castor-426ex
08-17-2002, 11:39 AM
ok its fixed heres what I did

honda uses genuine...crap bolts...any of you that have snapped one know

it was broke about an 1/8 of an inch in the hole...not flust with the outside...so I was worried...

well I used a left handed drill bit smaller than the broken bolt...i started a small hole...tried an easy out but it wouldnt grab...

we didnt want to drill too far...cause you know....theres a crankcase there...

so we decided to tap a smaller hole ...when we did that...the bolt came to pieces...and the original threads were un-hurt...luck for me..haha

so instead of using stock bolts i bought some stainless stell allen bolts...and its on right..thank god

thanks for the help

honda400exrider
08-18-2002, 05:52 PM
yay, yay!! applause aapplsuse!!! lol clap clap

Castor-426ex
08-18-2002, 08:40 PM
umm thanks I think