PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Problem

IrideMHSC
07-01-2006, 05:26 PM
I have and 03 z-400 that is loosing water (coolant)... We belive that is coming from the coolant res. and somehow beeing forced into the crank case but were not for sure how. Ive replaced the seals and bearings as well as the impeller inside the water pump on the side of the clutch cover but after about an hour of ride time the water level lowers and the oil resevoir is becoming more and more full... any body had the same problem or know what could be causing it?

kingrider_400
07-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Yes, i have a 03 KFX400, i have noticed the same thing, it was in the shop becouse of cracked crank case and some broken dogs dogs on off of some gears, long storry if you want to know the the rest let me know. Anyways, while it was in the shop i asked the guys but they had now clue. But after they opend my crank case they found some metal shavings in the oil line runing from the oil tank to the crank case so the oil could not leave the tank thos making the oil level seem higher.I think the coolent must just be splashing out of the over flow tank through the ruber line. Hopfully your oil/coolent problem is not as big as a problem as mine was.:ermm: