PDA

View Full Version : New Rider Needs Info Please....on "06" 250 Ex

Raiderriderz
07-01-2006, 11:51 AM
D a
I got a new "06" 250 yesterday, mainly for my sister we supposed to get one but make a long story short we got this one and i plan to get a 400ex later. Im new on these things but I was wondering how much more powerful can you get a 250 and how fast does it really go? whats ur honest and rider opinion on a 250? oh wow i dunno maybe i should of went used but to late for that so ............let me know whats up on those questions plz...

Mean250r
07-01-2006, 12:36 PM
you are in the wrong forumn. This section is for 250r's not 250ex :o

Iliketogofast
07-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Yeah... the 250R is for big kids.

My first quad was a 250EX, so I'll give you a piece of advice... Don't waste your money trying to make your 250EX faster. Just upgrade.

danbobsR
07-01-2006, 12:54 PM
yeah big difference between a 250r and ex If I were you though I wouldnt waste any money on the EX if you get the need to go fast buy a 250r instead then Youll be doin something. I didnt keep my 300ex long before it was to the curb :D

250R-Dee
07-01-2006, 05:06 PM
You need to ask this questions in the Other ATV information (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=22) forum.

Raiderriderz
07-01-2006, 11:52 PM
the model is a TRX250EX is that what u mean....my sister is just learnin so she is havin a good time on it but i plan to get a 400...however the model TRX250EX is that what ur talking about

Raiderriderz
07-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by danbobsR
yeah big difference between a 250r and ex If I were you though I wouldnt waste any money on the EX if you get the need to go fast buy a 250r instead then Youll be doin something. I didnt keep my 300ex long before it was to the curb :D

the model is a TRX250EX is that what u mean....my sister is just learnin so she is havin a good time on it but i plan to get a 400...however the model TRX250EX is that what ur talking about

wilkin250r
07-02-2006, 12:00 AM
So it was the wrong forum. You're new, it happens, I won't give you flack for it.

However, I will tell you to abandon your dreams of speed. I'll give you the long explanation.

The 250EX is shaft-drive, which means you can't change the drive ratio. This presents a little problem with upgrades. Minor upgrades will give you a little more acceleration and pep, but it only goes so far. It really makes major upgrades rather useless.

Now, because major upgrades are useless, nobody makes them. I think one company makes a big-bore kit, but nobody makes really big bores, camshafts, clutch upgrades, or major suspension kits. A 300EX has potential and can actually be made very fast, a 250EX simply cannot.

My advice is to have fun on the 250EX, but don't spend a single dollar on upgrades, even a pipe or filter. Just ride it and have fun, but when you're ready for more power, get a new quad. The 250EX just isn't worth upgrading.

wicked265R
07-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
So it was the wrong forum. You're new, it happens, I won't give you flack for it.

However, I will tell you to abandon your dreams of speed. I'll give you the long explanation.

The 250EX is shaft-drive, which means you can't change the drive ratio. This presents a little problem with upgrades. Minor upgrades will give you a little more acceleration and pep, but it only goes so far. It really makes major upgrades rather useless.

Now, because major upgrades are useless, nobody makes them. I think one company makes a big-bore kit, but nobody makes really big bores, camshafts, clutch upgrades, or major suspension kits. A 300EX has potential and can actually be made very fast, a 250EX simply cannot.

My advice is to have fun on the 250EX, but don't spend a single dollar on upgrades, even a pipe or filter. Just ride it and have fun, but when you're ready for more power, get a new quad. The 250EX just isn't worth upgrading.

AMEN :muscle:

trick250r
07-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

yes, ^^^ he's right. and this is coming from a person who has owned a 250ex and a 250r. dont waste any money on the 250ex