PDA

View Full Version : help me find chad barrett

moorhous
07-01-2006, 10:58 AM
hello I need your help I am looking for a guy (kid) named chad barrett he lives in medina OH he took my $700 and ran!! you see I bought a 416 for my 400ex from him out side of ebay heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4649884790&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1

I have called him he dose not want to talk if any one can help me Ill give cash for info.

300excrazy98
07-01-2006, 12:22 PM
that sucks man... hope you find him!!

quad2xtreme
07-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Contact the magistrates office in his city. Obviously you have his phone number. They can track him down from that. The magistrate will help to find him. You can file in small claims court up to $500. This is a cheap and easy way to go.

Good Luck.

/Jon

Mean250r
07-01-2006, 03:12 PM
notice how it says not a registered user :o

07-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Anyone else notice that people started stealing more often on Ebay? :confused:

moorhous
07-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
notice how it says not a registered user :o

But he was a registered when I was dealing with him. I also payed threw paypal so I have proff that I payed him!

GPracer2500
07-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by moorhous
But he was a registered when I was dealing with him. I also payed threw paypal so I have proff that I payed him!

Try disputing the payment with Paypal. Did you pay with a credit card? If so, dispute the charges with them too.

Maybe you can get your money back AND F-up the A-hole's credit.

250R-Dee
07-01-2006, 04:50 PM
File a claim with Paypal ASAP! I doubt left any money in his account but Paypal will freeze whatever money is in his account until the claim is settled.

moorhous
07-02-2006, 11:33 AM
If any one whats to give him a call for me from a out of state phone he might awnser 330 391 9297-chad

quads14589
07-02-2006, 04:12 PM
ive got 2 emails this past week saying that ive bought a cell phone and a lap top, when i got these emails i was like wtf. so i emailed ebay made a new passwork and now i am good to go.

Quadfather
07-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
Contact the magistrates office in his city. Obviously you have his phone number. They can track him down from that. The magistrate will help to find him. You can file in small claims court up to $500. This is a cheap and easy way to go.

Good Luck.

/Jon

Sounds easier than it really is. You can file for up to $3000 in small claims court. It costs $53 to file a complaint against someone. You have to show up in court on your court date. In his case, he would have to find a local attorney to show up and represent him, unless he wanted to fly/drive here and represent himself.

Obviously, the other kid wouldn't show up, so he could file a default judgment for another $20. He would then receive a judgment against the kid, but that means absolutley nothing. It is still up to him to collect on his judgment. If he knew where the kid worked, which I doubt he does, and had the kids SS number, which I doubt he does, he could garnish his wages for another $85.

All in all, it would most likely cost you more than your original $700 to get a judgment against the kid. You'd be spending good money chasing bad money (money you're most likely never going to see)

moorhous
07-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Its funny you say that because I am geting more and more info about this little kid every day I do know were he works I even have hes real address hes only about 3-4hrs away. in a few days iam going to go and knock on hes door.

Quadfather
07-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I live about three miles east of Medina, OH.

You might want to call the Medina Police Dept, and inquire about filinf a complaint and/or see what you have to do to start a mail fraud case against the kid.

quad2xtreme
07-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Quadfather
I live about three miles east of Medina, OH.

You might want to call the Medina Police Dept, and inquire about filinf a complaint and/or see what you have to do to start a mail fraud case against the kid.

Yea, pretty much what I was saying. Just a call from the magistrate or a summons for a court appearance will often make them cough up the money or at least tell mommy and daddy what they have been up to. That judgment is good for life too. You can prevent him from ever getting a government job or going into the military. If he ever gets a house, you can put a lien against the house so he can't sell it. The idea is to mess with him worse than he has messed with you.

:devil:

Quadfather
07-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Wrong again. A judgment is only good for seven years.

And

You can only file a lien against property that the defendant owns outright. You cannot file a lien on a car or Real Estate if the guy still owes money on it.

I get the feeling that the only thing this dirtbag owns outright is a bunch of junk.

On another note. I see that the ebay item was sold to the highest bidder of the auction. Have you tried to talk to the guy that won the auction to see if he received the item?

Why did you work out a deal outside of ebay on the motor? You have absolutely no protection against scammers when you do that. Kind of an expensive lesson.

quad2xtreme
07-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Quadfather
Wrong again. A judgment is only good for seven years.

And

You can only file a lien against property that the defendant owns outright. You cannot file a lien on a car or Real Estate if the guy still owes money on it.

I get the feeling that the only thing this dirtbag owns outright is a bunch of junk.

On another note. I see that the ebay item was sold to the highest bidder of the auction. Have you tried to talk to the guy that won the auction to see if he received the item?

Why did you work out a deal outside of ebay on the motor? You have absolutely no protection against scammers when you do that. Kind of an expensive lesson.

If I lived in Ohio and were a lawyer like quadfather, I would help you out. It is a little late to be asking why he screwed up.

/Jon

Quadfather
07-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
It is a little late to be asking why he screwed up.

/Jon

I was just curious as to why he would make a deal on an item that was in an auction.

It would be pretty obvious that that either him (the guy with this thread) was going to get screwed, or the person that won the auction was going to be the screwee.

Maybe I'm seeing things wrong, I don't know exactly how it went down, but the end result was that someone got screwed out of a decent chunk of cash.

On another note, I would like to go on record that I am not a Lawyer, or Attorney, or that I have nothing to due with Law. I do, however, know a little bit about the Ohio legal system.