PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Problem..........I Think!

ludvic
07-01-2006, 10:03 AM
My 95 300ex is acting kind of funny. When I put it into gear it jumps forward a bit and then wants to roll forward with the clutch pulled in. I also cant put it back into neutral when it is running very easily. Once I turn it off it goes into neutral no problems. Is this a clutch adjustment problem? If so do I have to adjust the clutch tighter or looser?

Thanks,

GPracer2500
07-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Could be clutch cable adjustment. That's an easy fix so try that first. Tighten the cable so the lever pulls the cable further. Don't tighten it too much though. There should always be a small amount of free play in the clutch lever when the clutch is fully engaged.

pulling the lever = disengages the clutch
letting the lever go = engages the clutch

underpowered
07-01-2006, 10:56 AM
could be clutch adjustment, needs to tighten up a bit to pull the cable farther. there shouild be about 1/4 inch of play in the lever, should be able to stick a nickle or a dime between lever and perch.

if the cable is adjusted correctly, and i am willing to be it is. your clutch basket is most likely grooved and needs replace. the grooves hold the plates and wont let it dissengage all the way.