PDA

View Full Version : Tire Sizing Question

06Nissan
07-01-2006, 09:14 AM
Hey Guys, I am new to this forum and also new to the sport of 4 wheeling! So far I'm havin a blast with it. I wanna buy some new rear tires, and had a couple questions. My rear tire size is 22x10-9.. My understanding is that the 10 is the width of the tire from outside to inside, and the 9 is the wheel size. Can I safely put 22X 11-9 tires on my wheel? it would just be a wider tire correct? I'm also curios as to a good all purpose tire. I am going to be doing hill climbs, mud, trails, rocky terrain, but not racing. I was looking at either the kenda Klaw or Kenda Knarly. Any opinions on these 2?btw I have a honda 300ex just in case that helps

idontknowwhoiam
07-01-2006, 10:21 AM
the 11 is just the width of the tire and it should be fine...and for tires i got mudsharks in the back and stock fronts BUT i was at the shop and they just got these new perellis that look somwhat like the holeshot tread pattern but have 6 ply sidewalls..im leanin towards gettin them in the front after the holiday weekend

Iliketogofast
07-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by 06Nissan
Hey Guys, I am new to this forum and also new to the sport of 4 wheeling! So far I'm havin a blast with it. I wanna buy some new rear tires, and had a couple questions. My rear tire size is 22x10-9.. My understanding is that the 10 is the width of the tire from outside to inside, and the 9 is the wheel size. Can I safely put 22X 11-9 tires on my wheel? it would just be a wider tire correct? I'm also curios as to a good all purpose tire. I am going to be doing hill climbs, mud, trails, rocky terrain, but not racing. I was looking at either the kenda Klaw or Kenda Knarly. Any opinions on these 2?btw I have a honda 300ex just in case that helps

Yes, you're fine. You can even put 20x11's on it if you want.

I just got Razr2's for my 9 inch rims, and they don't even come in 20 inch widths. Only 11.