PDA

View Full Version : Cam Chain Help 2

Iron Dog
06-30-2006, 09:51 PM
I have a KFX-400 with a 440 kit and I am installing the camchain following a rebuild. I set the crank at TDS and lined up the exhaust cam and counted 15 pins from the #2 arrow and inserted the 15th pin on the #3 arrow on the intake cam....... Well, there seems to be no way I can pull the chain to set the journal bearing in the housing for the intake cam, it seems way to tight. Any ideas?????????

yellowzo3
07-01-2006, 09:27 AM
im not sure since ive never done anything like a 440 build up but maybe your chain tensioner is putting so much tension on the chain that you cant get it all the way around.

IrideMHSC
07-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Assuming that you have your cam tensioner is out and that the chain is the right chain for your bike there should be no reason it wouldnt fit. The fit will be alittle tight but it shouldnt be so tight that you have to pull REALLY hard to get it in the slot.. the only other thing i could think of would be that it might be in a bind somewere and I would suggest trying to reverse the order of which way you put the cams in... may not be the fix but its worth a shot?