PDA

View Full Version : please help

recent400exbuyr
06-30-2006, 12:21 PM
before i start i want to thank yall for answering questions yio do a fine job. here recently i have noticed a noise its hard for me to describe but its kinda like rubbing an eraser against a hard wood floor if you can understand so i took it down the road and shut off the engine and still heard it it sounded to be comeing from the back so went home jacked up the rear and started it and let it run in first and heard nothing turning the axle by hand heard nothing then i noticed that the axle has a little up and down play in the thing that holds it where the bearings are sorry dont know what its called but the axle kinda teters in there is that maby where my noise is comeing from do i need to replace the bearings?

Scro
06-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Your bearings are defiantely shot if the axle is moving. But, I don't know if that would be making any irregular noises.

06-30-2006, 12:36 PM
yes when the bearings are shot the will make irregular noises.

06-30-2006, 02:00 PM
your bearings are shot. the housing that holds the bearings i called the bearing carrier. if you want ot know what other parts of the quad are called, go to servicehonda (http://www.servicehonda.com/hard%20parts/hard_parts.htm)

recent400exbuyr
06-30-2006, 07:38 PM
thanks guys thats what i was afraid of that website really helped looks like im lookin at 200 bucks in parts is that hard to do i can take stuf apart and put it back together is it pretty easy job is there any thing i need to know

Scro
06-30-2006, 07:49 PM
You don't have to buy the whole bearing carrier. You can just buy the bearings. Press the old ones out and the new ones in. It shouldn't be 200 bucks though; more like 40 for just the bearings.