PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak ....... help!

nowukno
06-30-2006, 09:17 AM
I have a very slow oil leak but it still definitely concerns me. I think i accidently over tightend the drain bolt and striped some threads cause thats were its coming from. I tried using a different drain bolt but it still leaks. I had my quad in my garage for 2 weeks without being touched and the oil level dropped from the high mark on the site glass to just a touch under the low mark , so its very slow. Im going on a 8 hours ride tommorrow , should i be ok? Anybody have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

spent21
06-30-2006, 09:27 AM
If it is indeed a striped plug, you may be able to find one a size larger and tap out the threads. i know on 250r's you can tap up to a lt 250r. you have to be very careful not to get shavings in your case.

tltcracing
06-30-2006, 11:41 AM
i think you might of just crushed the crush washer. try getting one from you dealer, they should have one in stock. if you are going ridding soon and cant try it in time just bring extra oil. keep an eye on it and fill it up when it needs it. i alwase bring extra oil with me nomatter whee i go because your R will eat oil, its justthe way it was desined.