PDA

View Full Version : Quick bone to pick

R3Concepts
06-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Sorry for this guys, but whats with all these Hybrids popping up for sale all of the sudden? Cool, sell the bike, BUT YOU CANT/WONT GET 10K FOR IT.

Sorry about that.

CannondaleRider
06-30-2006, 01:26 AM
:confused:

There is lots of people out there that are willing to pay 10K for a nice hybrid, if not more then that.

I would easily pay 10K for a nice one if I had the money.

Warnerade
06-30-2006, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
:confused:

There is lots of people out there that are willing to pay 10K for a nice hybrid, if not more then that.

I would easily pay 10K for a nice one if I had the money. Why would you pay 10k for a nice one, when you can easily find a nice one for 5k?:ermm:

trick250r
06-30-2006, 05:29 AM
i'd build one before i would buy one. at least i would know what went into making the bike what it is, plus thats half the fun of it IMO.

Quad18star
06-30-2006, 05:52 AM
Seems everything sells for dirt cheap on the internet forums .

If guys sell their quads locally they can easily get their asking prices of 10K or more . Everyone on the internet wants quads for peanuts !!!!!

Pappy
06-30-2006, 06:37 AM
The net is not the place to sell something you want top dollar for:p Local sales bring more money most of the time, but it really depends on the buyer. When 250R's took a dive in value, i could buy them online for $2800 and resell for $5000 locally without anything but a bath. People online tend to be cheap:D :blah:

Quad18star
06-30-2006, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
The net is not the place to sell something you want top dollar for:p Local sales bring more money most of the time, but it really depends on the buyer. When 250R's took a dive in value, i could buy them online for $2800 and resell for $5000 locally without anything but a bath. People online tend to be cheap:D :blah:

Now just remember that last sentence when you talk to Cecco about selling his YFZ . :blah: ;)

Pappy
06-30-2006, 07:34 AM
I think the biggest thing hurting resale is the constant new model releases. Online folks tend to get the word way ahead of others and wont spend the cash. Then they part out a 12K quad to get the $ they need to buy the latest and greatest etc.

I have been fortunate and have been able to do well buying and selling, but ive seen some stuff go dirt cheap also. I have also seen alot of money be spent fixing the so called "best" products that were bought at a bargain:p

R3Concepts
06-30-2006, 08:49 AM
We had a cherry Lonestar bike. Had it up for sale locally(even though not too many in AZ could even hang onto it) and up on the net for 7500, had a few takers, mostly window shoppers. Had one guy that supposively had cash and was coming from CA, you know who you are, and never did after we got the run around.

I know what it takes to build one of these bikes. But it also takes the same to build a Production bike up to the same level. We had to finally part ours out and got a total of 8 for it. Sucks.

These guys start out at 15k then 10k then there down to 7500, and then sometimes even lower. Why waste everyones time and start down lower if you really wanted to sell it.

Theres a cherry bike on here that started at 10, clean clean bike. We said we couldnt get 7500 for ours, and guess where hes at now, with no buyer.

And for guys that have these clapped out bikes. Please be real.

Morgan @ R3Concepts.

BTW. We are looking for another Hybrid, and have a cherry LTR to trade.

Quad18star
06-30-2006, 09:03 AM
I don't know about how the local race series work for you guys down in the Sates , but around here it's run-what-ya-brung , none of this whole " production bike" stuff . They'll class you according to your skill level , either Junior , Intermediate or Pro .So if you want to run a hybrid , giver , hell you can run a banshee , an LT250 or a TRX 250r in any of those classes if you want to .

If I'm not mistaken , guys can run Hybrids at the ATV GNC Nationals , as long as they don't run a production class , correct?

QuadJunkies
06-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star

If guys sell their quads locally they can easily get their asking prices of 10K or more . Everyone on the internet wants quads for peanuts !!!!!
thats why you will NEVER seen mine online for sale....

PismoLocal
06-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star

Ya I noticed that too, around here a 440ex sells for around 4k. Online they are going for around 3500.

Quad18star
06-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by PismoLocal
Ya I noticed that too, around here a 440ex sells for around 4k. Online they are going for around 3500.

I sold my bone stock YFZ 450 for $6500 Canadian .... I could have easily gotten an extra $1000 out of it , if I would have left it listed locally for longer but I just wanted to get rid of it .

Now if I would have posted it up on an internet forum classified ads , I'd have been lucky to walk away with $4000 . I see fully built YFZs with all the bells and whistles selling for $6500 . It's makes me scratch my head wondering why someone would invest $15000 + and just let their bike go for next to nothing .

Either I got lucky selling my YFZ , or I got screwed from not buying someone's quad on the internet .

BTW , the guy that bought my YFZ got himself a deal . I paid $10 500 OTD for mine and only used it a handful of times . :ermm: