PDA

View Full Version : Junk tires

Iliketogofast
06-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Wtf.. I can't get my old tires off and I want my Razr2's on NOW.

I've done this before, wtf? Anybody got tips? I tried everything - I even jacked my mom's truck up and dropped it on the tire.

I ended up cutting them up with a grinder but they still won't come off. I can't break the steel band on the bead - I think I'll have to use a dremel tommorrow to finish it off. I even cut one to where the only thing left is the bead, and on the other side the tire is hanging off. I was trying to get it to where the bead would slide down and I could cut it with wire cutters, but I still can't get it down.

Anybody have any other suggestions?

Btw, the tires are almost bald and I have another set exactly the same with better tread sitting in my garage - I was gonna throw em away anyways so I figured I might try cutting them off. I think I screwed myself with that idea....

400exrider707
06-29-2006, 11:11 PM
The bead has metal bands in it, try cutting those with a good sharp set of cutting tools of some sort. If your going to try and pry them off then use a lot of lube on the backside. Usually if a tire gives me that much trouble I run them to my local tire shop where it costs about $5 to have two tires taken off of rims.

Also jacking the car up is pointless, you can just drive right onto it.:p and that only works if the tire still has air in it, then you can drive over it and pop the bead.

Iliketogofast
06-29-2006, 11:22 PM
No, she wouldn't let me drive it so I went out and jacked it up. My car has a body kit so it doesn't work on it... It sits 3 inches from the ground. Besides, I'm not trying to scratch my new rims.

I wish someone told me to do it with air in them before I chopped em up... :D
I tried getting a pair of dikes in there but I can't. I still can't pry the bead down into the groove of the rim - If I could those bands would be gone (if the dikes won't cut the sons of *****es my bolt cutter will).

gbcap
06-30-2006, 06:10 AM
just bite the bullet and take the tire to the local tire shop. they can pop the bead with easy and it will only cost you a few bucks. plus they can put the new ones on in 30 seconds. that would be worth a few bucks to me. i know i have a tire machine and it takes me about 4 minutes to dismount and mount 4 tires.

Iliketogofast
06-30-2006, 08:28 AM
But like I was saying, I cut the sidewalls to get the bead down. A machine won't work on them anymore. How much did the machine cost, and how big of a rim can it do? Only ATV rims or can it do bikes and car tires (up to what size)?

ohsobad_chevy
06-30-2006, 08:40 AM
I bought some holeshot HD's a while back. took em to the local tire shop to have them mounted. This kid took em back to the shop and returned in about 20 mins. He told me that he put em in the back of my truck and I was ready to go. I paid the man and went to leave. I noticed them in the back of my truck and that moron had put 35 lbs in there and left them at 35 lbs. :eek: I went back in, told him that they should have about 8 lbs and 35 lbs is just to seat the beed. They appologized and gave me my money back. haha :D

400exrules
06-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
I bought some holeshot HD's a while back. took em to the local tire shop to have them mounted. This kid took em back to the shop and returned in about 20 mins. He told me that he put em in the back of my truck and I was ready to go. I paid the man and went to leave. I noticed them in the back of my truck and that moron had put 35 lbs in there and left them at 35 lbs. :eek: I went back in, told him that they should have about 8 lbs and 35 lbs is just to seat the beed. They appologized and gave me my money back. haha :D

wtf......why didnt you just let the air out of your tires yourself:huh :huh :huh wtf........i had 25+lbs in my tires, but thats just cuz they had to seat them....of course, i let the air out myself.....i didnt ask for my freakin money back

im not sure, but maybe your just legally retarded

Iliketogofast
06-30-2006, 10:40 AM
My dad is out there scraping the bands off with a chisel. Wtf?

ohsobad_chevy
06-30-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
wtf......why didnt you just let the air out of your tires yourself:huh :huh :huh wtf........i had 25+lbs in my tires, but thats just cuz they had to seat them....of course, i let the air out myself.....i didnt ask for my freakin money back

im not sure, but maybe your just legally retarded

1.) You need to calm the fucck down, I don't know whats stuck in your asss?
2.) I didn't ask for my money back, they insisted.
3.) The only reason I went back inside, is to inform them that they are not supposed to have 35 lbs, only 8 lbs.
4.)I wished you lived closer to OK, you need your *** whooped. :grr:

roundsy
06-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
1.) You need to calm the fucck down, I don't know whats stuck in your asss?
2.) I didn't ask for my money back, they insisted.
3.) The only reason I went back inside, is to inform them that they are not supposed to have 35 lbs, only 8 lbs.
4.)I wished you lived closer to OK, you need your *** whooped. :grr:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha.... now thats funny

gbcap
06-30-2006, 12:39 PM
sounds like some people need to take a chill pill.

threatening to beat someone up over a tire question...what is this world coming to. i love internet violence. everyone is so big behind the keyboard, but when it comes down to it most of you would cower in the corner during a fight.

the tire machine we have cost 6k. it is for car/truck tires but it will do atv tires. you can get a manual machine for like 100 bucks. check rockymoutain or the sponsers here. i am sure someone carries one.

ohsobad_chevy
06-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by gbcap
sounds like some people need to take a chill pill.

threatening to beat someone up over a tire question...what is this world coming to. i love internet violence. everyone is so big behind the keyboard, but when it comes down to it most of you would cower in the corner during a fight.

I was telling a story... don't know why he got aggresive, but **** him.

Iliketogofast
07-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Lol... Calm down guys. I got the tires on and they look sweeet.... And they grip even better. I've never hauled *** like I did the first time I took off through the woods on these beasts!