PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale Hydraulic clutch Adjustment

Jimmer
08-15-2002, 10:47 PM
I need some help on how to adjust the hydraulic clutch on my brothers cannondale speed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Jimmer
08-16-2002, 07:32 PM
no one has any insight on this subject??????

wyndzer
08-16-2002, 08:02 PM
There is a smalle red knob on the clutch lever, you can turn that to make the clutch actuate sooner or later. Check to make sure that the resorvoir is full.

Jimmer
08-16-2002, 10:24 PM
I've tryed turning that nob both ways without any success. Its hard to get into neutral. And then like when you shut it off in first gear or any gear for that matter and go to start it up again with the clutch pulled in it wants to take off.
Do you think the clutch is worn out already? Yes the reservoir is full. Thanks for the help.

Castor-426ex
08-17-2002, 01:10 AM
hey how hard is it to re-bleed the clutch? it could have air in the line? sorry tryin to help

thats a magura right?

wyndzer
08-17-2002, 05:55 AM
Cannondale uses a 10 plate clutch, If you don't use a high quality synthetic 80 w gear lube in the bottom end it will take off like you describe. Don'y use the regular or anything heavier weight. It is not good practice to start the quad in gear. From what you are telling me it sounds like nothing is wrong with the clutch, if it were worn it would not be pulling like it is.

yamaha1470
08-17-2002, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by wyndzer
It is not good practice to start the quad in gear.

Why is it bad to start in gear? Do u mean with the clutch pulled in too its bad to start in gear? Why? Thanks

wyndzer
08-17-2002, 09:29 AM
It won't hurt the motor on the quad, the extra drag on the starter is bad and the battery will wear down quicker, the owners manual says not to start in gear also.

Jimmer
08-17-2002, 01:14 PM
The reason that I'm starting in gear is that when I shut it down I cant even get it into neutral. But then once I shut it down sometimes I can then get it into neutral while its not running. I have been using the same oil so I dont think thats the problem. You right about more drag on the starter though.