PDA

View Full Version : axle moves side to side

iamabowler
06-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Should there be any movement from side to side. heres my problem. i know theres a clip,big nut, little nut. the big nut does not get tight. it screws right of the treads. when i tighten the small nut against the big nutit does get somewhat tight. Its seems like i'm missing a half inch spacer but i know theres not one.

AtvKid4Eva
06-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Yea mine did that to when i bought my LSR axle i bought a RAD locknut it wa slike 50 bucks and worked great. thats what i would do if i were you the stock locknuts never stay tight once they come off once.

cals400ex
06-29-2006, 11:07 PM
if you are putting the axle back on and there is a little play it may be ok. if the carrier moves then it will tighten down when you tighten the 4 bolts that need to be loosened on the rear of the swingarm for adjusting the chain length. if only the axle is moving and not the carrier than you have problems with the axle nut.

iamabowler
06-30-2006, 07:14 AM
i think it is the axle nut cause the bigger one when i tighten it comes off the treads before the axle ever gets tight. what would cause that?

swva400ex
06-30-2006, 08:35 AM
there is a circle clip that the lock nut tightens up against. that is how it tightens up